ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Three wheelers dangerous.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three wheelers dangerous.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Yammer rider

Ya iv done sum wicked things on my 200x and had some close calls just because its technology from 1985. I love my x but the suspension is very limited im lookin at a 250r they still have good suspension by todays standards. I can honestly just bout ride my 200x as good as my yfz just because i was raised on it and kno what its gona do. I like 3 wheelers but they aint gona last 4 ever. i would kill to see honda come out with a 3 wheeler with todays technology.</end quote></div>

we can only dream, but they did come out with those stand up jetskis agian so you never know...

but it wouldn't take 2 years before a bunch of drunk lil kids get on them and don't respect them and hurt themselves and your at it agian

Old 04-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

I recently bought an '85 ATC 250R and I really don't understand how everyone thinks they're so dangerous. If I couldn't see that there was only one wheel in front, I wouldn't even know I was riding a three-wheeler. The thing handles better than my 250X four-wheeler.

I must say that I love hearing people say, "Wow, how haven't you died on that thing yet?" I gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

I too just found out that technically three-wheelers aren't illegal anymore. Anybody up for organizing a petition to Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki?

BTW, where is this "trikefest"

Old 04-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I seen one post for trikefest in canada somewhere, but I also heard of one near tenn. I think?

Old 04-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer

Trikefest is in laurel Indiana

Old 04-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry
I had to travel out of town been at trade show
Gotta pay the bills and make living

The Bandito frame is longer and lighter
We are running into making it look proportional
My buddy pulled all of his parts from 83 bike
But looks funky
I have a 82 tank which fits and the plastic and seat from about 79-82 seem to look much better
I will see is I can get time and photo
I will also be interisted as to what weight savings there is compared to both of my 110s
I did ride it around his yard but the bars he has on it are really lo so it feels weird riding a long low 110
Thanks
Ray

Old 04-14-2008, 08:28 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I recently bought an '85 ATC 250R and I really don't understand how everyone thinks they're so dangerous</end quote></div>

There are people who think you should wear ear protection now when moving the lawn,I kid you not.

Some people ride a 3 wheeler safely with no problem ,than there are others who can get hurt opening a can of peas.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

Yes, and those idiots ruined it for all the three-wheeler enthusiasts out there.

I'm considering buying a durablue +2 axle to widen the back, but I'm afraid that will make the bike too safe. So I decided against it.

Physics also agree with me about believing three-wheelers to be safe. Remember, a three-legged stool will always be more stable than a four-legged. I apply the same thinking to my ATC [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Since three points determine a plane, the three legs of the stool will always be flat on the ground, even if they are not exactly the same length or at the same angle. They create vectors in opposing directions which creates a completely balanced center.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have some Honda 110cc ATC, I don't really like it, it kinda scares me, but then again, I know I'm an amateur rider and I know what my limits are. I don't get on a machine and hold the throttle wide open and start attempting some crazy stuff, I'm more conservative and learn how to ride things and when I learn how the machine responds to my actions I'll attempt new things. I feel the same about quads. I personally feel most comfortable in my dune buggy. I respect the machine and such, but I rip it up out there on that. Three wheelers feel strange to me and I guess it's just one of those things you have you get used to, but I have to admit, it feels the scariest out of them all. Not saying it is, it's just different. People don't like different.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

Riding a 3 wheeler just takes practice when I first got mine i didnt hope on it and go climb a 50 ft rock corey hill. It's all about body english. When I first got my 200x when i was 8 I wouldnt think of climbing any kind of steep hill. Now im 15 and can outride my friends on their 400ex raptors etc.