ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Moto Dome

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moto Dome

okay another stupid question, isn't there an indoor track in coon rapids? I dont know if it's still up or not, but they showed it on atv tv last year. It was a SMALL basic track, but it would prolly be really cheap. Anyone know anything about it? I'd go race at the staples one but 50 bucks for one day's race is a little too much for me, I already owe more money than I can handle. might come watch though

Old 12-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Moto Dome

I've never heard of any other indoor racing in Minnesota. Let us know if you find something out.

Were any of the YFZ's in the dome from MN?

Old 12-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Moto Dome

I wasnt able to make the first one but did both the dirt track and MX on the 20/21st. It is a total blast. I am from up in Canada and it is a 5 1/2 hour drive but the closest mx around. As for the price: You can get a saver card vs. trophies a stamp for each trophy,5 stamps= 1 free class entry. I plan on doing the rest of the mx series for sure and maybe a couple more dirt track. I am on the blue 450 #43, say hi if you come out! What happened to all the raptors? last year there was 4, last race there was not one???

Old 12-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Moto Dome

I raced the Raptor the first race, but didn't make the one yesterday. I talked to a guy that raced a Raptor last year and he's riding a YFZ this year. He has the Raptor for sale.
For those of you who are afraid of the cost, it isn't bad. You have to be a member to race there and thye membership costs $25 and is good for the whole year. By the way, they have an awsome outdoor track and they hold a Loretta Lynn qualifyer. Then it's $20 a class and $7 to get in. If you're an AMA or Dist. 23 member, you get a discount.
The MX track is short but the racing is tight and it's a blast.
Come on out.

Old 12-22-2003, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Moto Dome

Raptorgurl,
Were you riding the gold Raptor last year. Whoever she was, I only ran with her once and she was good. Hope you're there next race.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Moto Dome

It was an orange raptor but ya that was me, I had battery box problems. I will definately be there the next race although I am not positive on the flattrack but mx 4 sure.

Its actually $20 for membership and $25 a class for the indoor.

Old 12-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default Moto Dome

Couldnt find anything online about that c rapids track. can someone try and get some tape or at least pics of the next race they go to?

Old 12-24-2003, 02:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Moto Dome

That track that you seen on ATV television is the moto dome from staples, I have the 1/2 hr program recorded and it does say something in there about being in coon rapids, but it is the Staples track that is on there. ATV television was up there last year and filmed it, Rath and Cody Anderson were there riding for them, and they were also test driving that 40,000 dollar raptor that was featured in an ATV sport mag a few months back. Anyway, that little enclosed track is the Moto dome, its small but it makes for some intense racing, and like everyone else said, where else can you race mx in MN in the winter. I will be there on Jan 10 racing both flattrack and MX. I'll be on the Blue #27 YFZ 450, hope to see you all there.

Old 12-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Moto Dome

Raptorgurl,
I was in the race when your battery box came apart. That was my first race on a quad and you passed me. Hope we can race again. Looking forward to beating you fare and square this time.

Old 12-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default Moto Dome

Starky- Lookin forward to it!

Quick Reply: Moto Dome