ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Euro GP/XC Race (Quad only event @ Goldendale, WA!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro GP/XC Race (Quad only event @ Goldendale, WA!)

don't fret too much about the sound checks, from what i've caught, they only check the ones that are obviously over... so bring the gear to make it quiet if you got it, but there's no desperate need to install, unless they check you.

i'll be bringing my tach & db meter this weekend.... so if anyone wants a non-official check, i can do it.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

i just got off the phone with scott at over the bars gang... (goldendale.) mx practice is all day, but the GP course will not open until noon. this is to help keep the neighbors happy... keep the noise confined some until noon.

- the sound check is real, they place a sticker on your muffler if you pass that is good for the rest of the year.

- i also talked about the team race, he's considering offering an ironman class if anyone is into pain.

Old 03-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

would the ironman be a solo race gp race?????if not what is it????

Old 03-18-2004, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider

the ironman class would run at the sme time as the team race, but it would be a solo class... 4 hours, make as many laps as you can.

Old 03-18-2004, 04:03 AM
Pro Rider

I wanted to go sooooooooo bad!!!!! But not even going to drive that far now that I know about a Sound check,no way will our Predator pass....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] or my 426ex. Please post about how it all went and be safe!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Tina

Old 03-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey Tina,
They are only going to be doing sound checks on the ones that are obviously over the db limit (obnoxiously loud).
If you are close, you may be ok. Do you know what your db levels are now?
I am probably running about 101-102db with a full LRD system on the craptor. I do have a quiet core that I can pop in, but I really don't like to use it. I am only going to put it in if they tell me I'm too loud.
I am going over to the practice this Saturday. I'll let you know if I have any problems with the noise restrictions.

Lisa

Old 03-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raptorchick
Hey Tina,
They are only going to be doing sound checks on the ones that are obviously over the db limit (obnoxiously loud).
If you are close, you may be ok. Do you know what your db levels are now?
I am probably running about 101-102db with a full LRD system on the craptor. I do have a quiet core that I can pop in, but I really don't like to use it. I am only going to put it in if they tell me I'm too loud.
I am going over to the practice this Saturday. I'll let you know if I have any problems with the noise restrictions.

Lisa
The Predator with a Trinity on it blows around a 105
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] its VERY loud Im afraid,but most pipes that perfrom well always are louder it seems.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I think I could squeeze by with mine, but NO WAY with the Predators......lol This is one reason why we havent been duning in Ore ...... BTW. If ANY of you get some pics of the race .can you email them to me ??? Good luck to ya Lisa.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

Your fellow predator riders will be there representin'.

Ouch, 105 dB for your trinity is wayyyyyyyy too loud.

Thats one reason I don't like the straight through design of a Big Gun, HMF, or other open end exhaust.

8 disks in my W/B e-series does just fine on both better breathing power and not too loud sound.

I'll shoot some track pictures to share with the masses.

Old 03-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Well I did the sound check and came out 94db with the full GYT-R on the YFZ my buddy with the same set up came out at 105 luckly I had got a quiet end cap for mine that he could use. But even with the end cap his sound level was 102 they let him on any way. But if you did not pass you could still ride the MX track.

The funny thing is that you had to do 1/3 of the MX track to get on the G/P course and there was no one checking if you had passed the sound check or not.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO any one could have snuck on the G/P course with out doing the sound check.

Old 03-22-2004, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Heapster
Your fellow predator riders will be there representin'.

Ouch, 105 dB for your trinity is wayyyyyyyy too loud.

Thats one reason I don't like the straight through design of a Big Gun, HMF, or other open end exhaust.

8 disks in my W/B e-series does just fine on both better breathing power and not too loud sound.

I'll shoot some track pictures to share with the masses.
Go out there and tear some Azz!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] ....lol.......

Loki~~~ WOW!! Caps done alot on quieting that pipe! I know someone with one and its very loud w/o a cap..When we bought the Trinity we had no intentions of doing any Nationals ect.. We just bought the trinity strickly for performance reasons and for duning, the specs were what we wanted, too bad it wasnt a bit quiter......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Euro GP/XC Race (Quad only event @ Goldendale, WA!)