ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

GNC ROUND 1 WHAT DID YOU THINK???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GNC ROUND 1 WHAT DID YOU THINK???

i like the thinking but you don't want to come out here in june...Hot very hot. But it would be easier to get all the races in instead of running out of daylight.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

There were a bunch of sandbaggers and those are just the ones i know from out here in so. cal. but that happens a lot in the big races.

Old 02-13-2004, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 440grl
HEY!!!! I raced you in the Open C class!!!! You're the Gas Gas guy!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] COOL!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You must have seen me hit the ground in the first moto then!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The track was rough as hell, wasn't it?? Still a super fun race though....yeah...there were some seriously fast guys in our class!!! Good racing!! Anytime you can go home without breaking any bones, it's good racing! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
yes that was me. the track was rough (it wasn't that bad during practice)... we got there thursday & practiced thursday & friday... by race time i was already beat & my air filter was probly clogged... i should have bought a spare.
i didn't see you hit the ground, i was in the corners before the tabletop you ate it on.... you were getting up when i passed you... i had arm pump & had a tough time hanging on during the last lap... it's easy to understand why you got by me again.
if i go again, i plan to be on a different bike & be in a more competitive class... probly production C. which bike? who knows... right now i lean toward the YFZ.

i agree about the fight between daylight & heat, i hate too much heat. maybe early april would be better, right after the time change.

Old 02-13-2004, 09:27 AM
Trailblazer

HOT!!! You have not seen hot til you come to L. Lynns in August. If you guys make only one race out east make sure it LL in Tn.

Old 02-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

We have you beat out here temp wise....but....I would melt in that humidity of yours!!!! I hate humidity!!! LOL!!!!

Old 02-13-2004, 11:38 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

I only read about it, but it was good for the sport, IMO that for the first west coast national, to have a west coast rider win. Hopefully it will give other west coasters some inspiration to go race those east cost guys.

Old 02-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Sand baggers?????

Old 02-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Atkins450
Sand baggers?????
people who drop down classes when real comp shows up!

Old 02-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

What I wanna know is why you westies didn't look me up and say "HI"!!!!!
I had me LT80 plate zip tied to me mirror [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
It was a good race. No big impressive jumps for the pro's like Mt.Morris London ky.,and Red Bud, but that big up/down hill was awsome.
40+ class: did ya see that dufus come across in front of all us? I thought sure he would get things straightened up, but NO..He had to come over and wad me and another old guy up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I separated my shoulder, I finished my 1st moto, but was hurt and sore for the 2nd and gots a DNS [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I came to get last place and I accomplished my goal! LOL
Im liked the long holeshot! One class was sooo great to watch. They took off and formed 2 lines in that giant sweeping curve,,really was an awsome sight.
Great track and run very well!! Victory Sports could learn alot from those folks,,that is if they "could" learn.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] <--thats my rant for the day.LOL
HEY racer gal,,How did you do? You did race one of the womens classes right??
Angela and Heather put a good show up. Fast ain't they?!?!
Great track, great racing, great people! AND NO HUMIDITY!!!!
Gotta love it!

Old 02-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Angela's dad!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I DID race!! I raced two classes - Open Novice and Women's B/C - I was behind Angela so I didn't get to see her other than the holeshots!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It was fun!! I got 4th both moto's in the women's class and 10th overall in the Open Novice class!!! It was fun!!! Wish I had a YFZ though - the Banshee was a handful out there with all those holes and ruts!!! I wouldn't have missed it for the world, though!!!! Hope everyone comes back for another one next year!!!

We might come out there for another GNC race later in the year - we had SO much fun!!! Glad you could make it out!!! Sorry you wrecked.....so did I in my first moto!! Hit a rut and slow-mo'd a flip!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Again - SO MUCH FUN!! And the women are all really nice!!!! I met a bunch of the girls - it was too cool! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: GNC ROUND 1 WHAT DID YOU THINK???