ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Transponders bogus at Adelanto...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transponders bogus at Adelanto...

I just checked the results page for Adelanto Gran Prix. The results page states that the Quad and Sidehack results will be determined manually because of a glitch in the transponders. I'm glad I turned mine back in and got at least 5 bucks back. Losing 5 bucks is no big deal, but to lose 10 would mean one less tank of gas and one ride I can't go on......Oh well, technology...gotta love it....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

I HATE transponders, i lost mine at a harescramble race and i had to pay $15 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] , what a waste

Old 03-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

What are these transponders you guys are talking about? Never heard of them. I race the GNCC series and we have to wear barcodes on out helmets that they scan at checkpoints and at the start/finish line each lap.

The transponder thing sounds pretty cool. You you have to stop for them to scan you or anything, or do you just keep right on going?

RR1

Old 03-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

Transponders are little devices you strap onto the quad or bike and when you pass through the finish check, an antenna is supposed to read your info that is programmed into the transponder. No need to stop or have someone scan your barcode. A "flying check". The results are supposed to be available at the end of the race. Adelanto's transponders weren't working in the quad class, so we have to wait until the people writing plate numbers down manually go through and figure out finish positions.....We paid an extra $10 for the transponders and they didn't even work....cool idea...still some bugs....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Rob...at least they told us they didn't work for the quads (even if it was a week after the race lol). I'm also waiting for my bike results from Sat. race! Wonder what the excuse is there??????? Anyhoo, the Vipers are gettin beat up pretty good over the transponder thing. It will be interseting to see what the have us do next year. Haz

Old 03-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

they are using the transponders in the WORCS series now too. the transponder is a radio transmitter that transmits a code to a reciever that is hooked up to the computer that has all info on the racers.... it tracks times that way. they do fall of & break down so you still need umbers on your bike& they may have to stop you to get your numbers... in the WORCS, some riders can have the same or a similar number in different classes(i.e. 57-T or 57-V), so number & background colors have to be correct.