ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Quad Warz

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-1999, 01:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know we have sorta touched on this subject before, but what do yo think about Quad Wars on TNN? I know they are cheesy and all, But dont get me wrong when it comes to Quad Warz, I would jump at the chance to do it!!! Come on guys, I know most of you would too! I mean what if some promoter came to your local mx track looking for "home-town" boys to race the guys from outta town. Your a hotshot, high performance quad rider and the promoter says "We will pay you X amount of dollars to race in the Quad Wars" Youd be on national T.V. and you might even be the guy who gets to win! I think it would be cool! And you never know, it might spark interest in more TV coverage for legitimate racing. Some quads on TV is better than no quads on TV!

RoostKing...

Old 08-03-1999, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

Exactly! Any sport rider would, no doubt. Plus, that trash talkin' would be fun to do. It's pretty cool, but I'd prefer to WATCH regular racing...prefer to RIDE quad wars.

------------------
- 1996 Kawasaki Mojave, 1998 Kawasaki Mojave, http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/B...8090/home.html

Old 08-03-1999, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to be in Quad Wars!

My position: Angry Fan.

My assignment: Wander onto track at end of "race," strike winning Team Leader on head with folding chair. (Will kick fallen rider in face and abdobmen, stomp, for slight extra fee.)

My pay: Actors' Equity scale.

Tree Farmer

Old 08-03-1999, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

I have watched Quad Wars before, but not in a while. The track on the 31st seemed very small. The jumps seemed small too. I agree, I'd like to see GNC or GNCC races but any ATV coverage is better than none. I'd race those tracks in a second. I am not an experienced jumper and the jumps on those tracks aren't very big, so the track would be perfect, at least for me.

[This message has been edited by Mike Frey (edited 08-03-1999).]

Old 08-04-1999, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

my little thought strip...

...where do they get the riders for Quad Wars? some locals...do they actually keep track of wins? wins mean noting with no stats...they fight like p*ss**s!...come on, atleast hit the guy, NOT SMUDGE HIS GOGGLES AND DO A LITTLE WEAK PUSH...go tackle him, then hit him...Yep, even with the helmet on...just hit flathanded...it'd be cool to race in quad wars!...but THEY NEED TO GIVE PROPS TO THE REAL PROS THOUGH...tim farr...kory ellis...bill ballance...barry hawk...SHOUTS OUT TO YOU GUYS...if quad wars is our alternative though, fine...just put it on more than 1 time every 2 weeks!...maybe we need to get ESPN into this to get some GNCC up in here...hey TNN, are you there? it's me, the atv fan, and I'M STARVING...espn, we've got tons waiting on you...hey, ESPN, about quad squad, don't worry, the request will be up until this world blows up!...ha!..i'm out of gas, my gnu drank it...what? you're out of what?...GAS! GAS! did you say GNU? can't wait!...DS-650, please don't hurt em...bombardier, drop the bomb, they're almost ready for it...WOW! good luck around that gust of wind!...I mean rounds 5 & 6 go to Doug Gust as he winned...he's got the points lead...ESPN2, is the record light on?...that bee sting is healing...a muddy thumb up to team green for their first win, congrats BILL BALLANCE, and good luck, next year when you release that KXF-250, it'll blow like Sadamm visiting the whitehouse...ATVsport, hell of an october issue, you're monthly, right?

------------------
- 1996 Kawasaki Mojave, 1998 Kawasaki Mojave, http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/B...8090/home.html

Old 08-14-1999, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

All right, QuaD WarZ IS real. They keep track of standings and points, plus the winners get trophies, as St. Louis just did...champs. See, I record any ATV racing I can, and fall asleep watching it. I've got about 50 minutes of pure racing straight through now, of both QW & PQ. That's Quad Wars & Pro Quads. After watching more than 1 Quad Wars, I realize that it definately is not fake. You have to actually see it more than once and watch what the riders do to fairly claim it's fake. thely do compete for the championship, and you can tell by just keeping a close eye on them while they race if they are serious or not.

The first time I saw it, I thought it was fake because of so much trash talk and stupid extra stuff going on. I think when the fighting and stuff is going down, they are just getting the crowd into it. As you watch the season go on, you notice them getting more and more serious, as the championship comes closer.

So all I'm saying is this...

Quad Wars racing is REAL-the extra stuff is to pump up the CROWD

So, in conclusion, they are giving the sport a bad name by fighting, etc..., but they obviously wouldn't have so much fans, as many of the fans who attend go nuts when the fighting occurs. I think they do it for the fans. They talk, then try to prove themselves. On the championship race, there was not 1 fight, and everyone was totally focused on simply being the best racer. This proves that Quad Wars racing IS real.

Screw the extra stuff, I look forward to the racing...

What do you think?

------------------

Old 08-14-1999, 07:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just as I had predicted. even though Quad Warz may be cheesy, But the coverage of any type of racing has brought about more coverage of real racing. They had "real" racing on TNN last night for Monster MAdness!! IT was pretty cool, with TIm Farr taking the main! I am going to find the TNN webpage for Monster MAdness and port if for all to see. We really need to encourage them to show more. Go TNN!

RoostKing

Old 08-26-1999, 02:10 PM
Range Rover

QUAD WARZ IS AS FAKE AS WRESTLING....GOLDBERG GOLDBERG GOLDBERG!!!

Old 08-28-1999, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

the RACING in qw IS NOT FAKE

the FIGHTS/TALK IS JUST SOMETHING THEY DO TO MAKE IT FUNNER AND GET THE CROWD INTO IT

------------------

Old 08-28-1999, 07:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Seems kinda fake. ]

RoostKing

Quick Reply: Quad Warz