ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Quad Warz

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-1999, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the racing seems staged to me...you watch it and you can see someone waiting for another rider to catch up to make it seem more competitive. I also think it kinda gives the sport a bad name with all the trash talk, but its funny at the same time to watch guys beat each other up over this stuff. it kinda reminds me of WWF and Roller Jam hehe

------------------
Pete Clyne, 1988 TRX250R http://www.parkrapids.net/pete

Old 09-16-1999, 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

It is ALL Staged. My uncle works for TNN and he mostly does QW. It is ALL staged a week or 2 before the race and the practice whats gonna happen. JUST like in the WWF or WCW. I think that Quad Wars is giving our sport and even worse reputation that the one thats already there. i mean a bunch of guys riding quads getting week air fighting running into each other. i mean c'mon ! be realistic. you dont see guys like Doug Gust, Travis Spader, or any other pro riders on that show getting weak air like that in races. i think QW suck and thats it !

Old 09-16-1999, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

When guys slow down, look behind them, let someone pass, and then nail it again, you can't say that's not staged. And it happens a lot, not just one instance.

I would like to be in quad wars. I would practice the staged scene, and in the race, actualy go out and pass every one. They problay wouldn't like it and try to catch me, and a REAL RACE would happen. Hmmm, what's TNN's number?

Old 09-18-1999, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

Well RidE I hate to burst your bubble but I am a member of a local atv club in the Boise, Idaho area and the president of club who by the way races his modified 250r whenever he can get ro a race was asked to race at the quad wars here im Boise. It was about a year or so ago when the monster trucks and the quad wars came to town. The officials told the riders how, what and when to race the race. They said this guy will win the first race and you the second then the third will be real close but the visiter will win but there will be a debate about the way the visiter cheated. So a rerace will happen and the home team will win by half a quad. So sorry but it is true they are staged. But still fun to watch and participate in.

------------------

Old 09-18-1999, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, after noticing something on one of my races on my tape, I have to agree.

One guy was ahead big time, then his quad quit, which caused the other team(St. Louis) to take the lead. Then after a half a lap, the St. Louis Captain's quad quit, as he was about 40 feet from the finish. The other guy got his quad started, and headed down the course. The St. Louis guy tried to PUSH his quad through the finish, but fell over, and the other guy won by a quad length. Wow, I personally appreciate any quad racing I get to see on TV, but this is pathetic.

The time that I believe was real was the championship. Saw NOTHING weird happen, they all took the best possible line, didn't talk or fight, and just raced hard through the entire thing. IS THE SEASON OVER NOW? They didn't show it this Friday...

------------------
- 1996 Kawasaki Mojave, 1998 Kawasaki Mojave, http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/B...8090/home.html

Old 09-20-1999, 08:53 PM
Range Rover

Why is this such a hot topic. You all know its a show, just like the trucks. But thats why we watch. Because its a good show. I have close friends that do the circuit in Cal. If you new what some of these guys go through to put this show on for very little, say nothing about the damage on them and there quads. These guys are the the best thing we could have for our sport. Because they love it so much...

Old 09-23-1999, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

I get invited to race(joke) in these quad wars and here is what happends. Most of the time all the riders are from the local area except the guy calling the shots. They tell us which side your on. White jersey home team, black jersey away team. We sit in the back room a discuss who gets the hole shot and who don't, Who is going to win and who is going to crash.
To all you chumps out there who think this is real racing go to a GNC sign up in the b class watch how fast those guys are. And thats only the b class.
The promoter of quad wars likes for all the riders to be A class and above ( but usually some squid get ins and the rest of us have to slow down so not to lap this gomer 6 times in a 4 lap race..
If you want to try and get in go to pace motorsports web page there is some info there. But please if your some poser on a stock banshee who thinks he is fast DON't sign up you make the rest of us look bad...

Old 05-01-2000, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

When does this come on TNN...whats next gladiator wars with sportsman's you know they would win with all that weight hehehe

Old 05-02-2000, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

You better get something else to ride besides a Polaris then, Adam... hehe.

Old 05-05-2000, 03:10 PM
Range Rover

If you go to usoff-road.com (thats the santioning body for quad wars) you can print out a rule book. Then you can go from there if the events a near you. I've looked into this because I like everybody else wanted to smoke those boneheads.
It was a little to expensive for me when the events was in my town. I race locally with my warrior and had to do to many thing to my quad to get it race ready for that santioning body.