ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

How to get sponsored?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2000, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really want to get serious about racing. How do I go about getting sponsors? Should I start racing at the local races? Thanks a lot.

Old 09-07-2000, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, I went through the same thing, as of yet, have no sponsors besides myself and mom and dad. What I would recommend is racing a full season at the local track or whatever. Then after one season go to local businesses, cycle shops whatever and ask them if they are interested at all. If they seem even slightly interested, go ahead and explain everything to them, like how you will put their stickers on teh bike. Tell them that they could use the bike for promotional purposes or whatever, maybe show them a picture of the bike with trophys you have won. Then if they are interested, tell them how much you will need, I am not sure what the going rate is. I woudl htik anything they would give you would be acceptable. Its better than nothing. But this is coming from a guy who isnt sponsored, so...

Old 09-11-2000, 10:20 PM
Range Rover

Well you have asked the hardest question to answer i have some sponsers CYCLE AND MARINE LAND OF PORT HURON, MI. local AUTO VALUE parts store, GOOLSBY'S WELDING AND FABRACATING.
They give me precentages off of goods and work,in turn i run there names on my quad and the most part you persent yourself and your equipment as well as your pit area at all times which is very important to them as well as the fans walking about the pits ! You cant just walk into a company and ask for money you need to get to know them as well as do some business there your chances of getting cash are extremly low better try to get product or % off some things.

Old 09-11-2000, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

Alright, thanks a lot for the help. I really need to start getting ready to race. I practice very hard on my neighbors little trail with one double. I have learned a lot. I have also gone to Jack Frost. I plan to go there more to get very good. I know no one will believe this, but while I was there, I beat 2 440's and a 250r on my almost stock 400. I guess it is all in the rider. Well, wish me luck.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default How to get sponsored?

i need to try to get some to in a couple of years

Old 02-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

You get the money you get the quad you get the quad and know how to ride you get the races and get in the big leagues then people will notice you. Then you get the sponsors. Bottom line is u need $$ to make $$ and alot of effort and dedication you have that and one will find you eventually if your good enough and become known.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:00 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well racing is a great way to do it, and if you are out there dominating everything, it will happen all by itself......However for most riders there are other things involved......

What you need to do is create a racing resume. Once you get it looking as professional as possible, you start to target sponsors looking for riders. In the modern Internet world this is very easy as often you just need to go to the company's website and see if they are accepting sponsorship applications. Most today will accept them via email. You need to then write a cover letter, specific to each sponsor, telling them why they should sponsor you. You just make your case saying how hard you will work and how much you would love to represent their products on and off the track.