ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Are there any races in Northern Cal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there any races in Northern Cal?

I'm wondering if there are any scheduled races for the northern california area?

Also, are there any organizations I could join or get information from? I've ridden atv's for years, but want to get more into the racing side of things.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 12-28-2004, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Try the AMA District 36 website.....District 36 covers Northern California....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

www.ama-d36.org

Old 12-30-2004, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

I don't know what part of Calif. you are from, But there are several promotors that run quads.
Check these out - They are from Sacramento south.

MX Racing
Mutantmotorsports.com Series starts Jan 16th at Hollister and runs through March, tracks include: La Grange, Carneige, Club Moto, Marysville

cmcmotocross.com - the first of the Golden State MX National was on Dec 19th, the remaining will be held at Marysville and Dixon

There is also CMA that runs at Madera and Merced and Hanford, which are down a little south it is a mix of MX and TT

There is a guy that is trying to get the Sacramento raceway to run quads at the MX track- I read some of his posts - contact West Coast Motorsports on Grant line rd in Lodi. The guy there knows what is going on with that.

TT Racing/fFat track
I don't follow Flat track TT racing but this I do know -

Lodi bowl and Praire City - I believe one of the part guys at Custom Trailers in Lodi ( polaris Dealer) runs in that program-

I heard that mxwest out of Nevada maybe running quad this coming year- But I'm not sure on that for certain.

Also a new cycle park opened up in Atwater - www.atwatercylcepark.com
They have several tracks for recreational purposes and a sand pit that has a christmas tree light and guys come out and drag. They sometimes get a group together and race -

There is also Hare Scrambles check out the ATV off-road.com

I race MX QUADS so I really don't follow much of the other stuff - Also when the county fairs start up in the spring you can follow them - CMA and Amp cover them

Old 12-30-2004, 02:01 AM
Trailblazer

Oh i see you are from San Jose - Check out CMA - they run San Jose and Hanford tracks

You should head out to hollister on the 16th and check out Mutant just to see what MX is all about - It would give you an idea if you want to try it or not or if you want to get into something different -

Old 12-31-2004, 02:35 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. Where can I find information about CMA?

I also checked out the Mutant sports site, but couldn't find out what time the race started on the 16th? Do you happen to know?

Thanks again!!!!

Old 12-31-2004, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

CMA web site is cmaracing.com - They do not have it updated for the 2005 season. They are having an endurance race tomarrow. I called on it to see if they were going to let quads in- Bikes only they said. You will find this happens a lot with these promotors.

Mutant is the only one besides CMC that runs quads for MX racing, unless you go down south for the ITP Quad Cross or hook up with the WORCS, which this year is running in AZ, UT, TX ID, NV, and WA.

Mutant starts their program at 8:00am for practice motos. You have to be there earlier than that to register, but some will wait and register later. In the past they ran us quads first and first, or last and last motos, but this last couple of sereis they have had us run last and first motos. It kind of sucks running back to back motos because it doesn't give you much time to check your quad out and get ready for the next moto. But one good thing is you can get out of there early and not have to wait for all the bikes to run. They have been doing it this way so the quads can help level the track for the little guys that come out on the 50's and 80' bikes. That's how they have been setting it up.
As for times, it is usually a hit or miss - you won't really know until everybody registers and they figures out how many motos they are going to end up with.

If we have enough quads - they will gate the Pros with the Intermediate class, then the beginners will gate behind them. We run all the same moto. I don't ever remember that we ran seperate motos for the different classes in quads. We all run together and we usually will try to pit wth each other - As for beginners running with the pros, they are usually ahead of us and as long as you yield to them and let them run their race, they will apprecate it and will usually come around and give you assistance in the pits.
It is a good group of guys.

Good luck to you -
maybe I'll see ya there I won't be at Hollister on the 16th- But I'll be at the others-

I'm either riding my Polaris Predator 500 #17 or I'll have my new YFZ I get the suspension done in time.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. I'm planning on going out on Sunday to check it out. Should I get there early? Or is parking pretty easy?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 01-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer

You are talking about Hollister right? You go on up past all the camping area to the moto track. do not go into the regular park area. follow the sign Mutant will have a gate tender there to sign in and take entry fee. The fee for observers is $10.00. They charge for riders too at the entry gate. Parking is located in two places - down below gets full guick because it is new the start gate. - up on top is easier to find parking. You also have a better view to watch the race. Most of the quads in the past park up on top. The gates open early- we always get there around 7:30 to 8 in the morning. You may have to wait in line at the entry gate to sign in anytime in the early morning hours 6-8am. Parking fills quick with racers. Practice starts at 8 for quads usually.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer

oh ! You might want to check Mutants web page before you go out there- with all this rain they may cancel if the track doesn't dry out some - Hollister seems to be a mud hole when it rains during the week. www.mutantmotorsports.com click on promotions

Old 01-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. I'll be out there early. Are the practices any fun to watch or would you recommend the actual race itself?

I think I'm going to check this one out to see what it's all about and may try to race in the next event.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Are there any races in Northern Cal?