ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

GNC Round 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 09:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default GNC Round 4

Macon Ga. This weekend! I'm going to spectate. Will update during the weekend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GNC Round 4

Any results? Wondering how the 70 prod class went with the cobra quads.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Default GNC Round 4

Sorry for no updates, Mother nature whacked northwest Pa. with a foot of snow and power was out more than it was on.

Pro moto one:: John Natalie took the holeshot and never looked back.Following John was Keith little,Kory Ellis, and Tim Farr.
Doug Gust got his typical poor holeshot and was mid pack.Jeremiah Jones rolled his quad in practice. It rolled 3 times with JJ on it. Jeremiah suffered a thumb injury and was misereably content with last place.
All of a sudden, Gust came from nowhere to challenge Ellis whom Farr had passed by now. Digger then worked on Farr. After the flagman, Gust threw his machine into the side of Farr's and pushed him out and up on a burm for the pass. Even after the checkered flag, Gust was banging on the rear end of Little.
Moto one would be Natalie-Gust- Little.
Moto 2: Natalie took the holeshot once again on his mighty Honda. This moto wouldn't be quite as easy as the first as Gust was in 2nd and Farr in 3rd. Gust pressured the best he could but ended up making a risky pass attempt which cost him any chance of catching Natalie.
The podium:: Natalie-Gust-Farr

Travis Spader was mid pack in this race. Jeremiah's hand was worked on by a "homopathic healer" and he was back in form and hard charging in moto 2. It goes to show you that anything is worth a try!

90 Production Sr. :: Charlie Mcvay winns another national.
Charlie McVay
Zac Moss
Tom Par
All on Hondas. There were 20, 90 production Sr. riders at Macon. The mighty LT80 that once dominated the GNC nationals have been few and far between at the nationals this year. Kayla Davis (Mapleshade raceway #1-District5 #3) gave the supposed better machines all they could handle.On a stock shocked LT80 Kayla earned 8th place overall for the weekend. On the holeshot, kayla was consistant with 5th out of the hole both motos.

90 production Jr. :: 36 kids turned out in Macon for this class.
Dallas Tapscott-Yam
Aaron Beer-LRX
Tessa May-Honda
The ATVA needs to consider making 2 classes when this many riders show up. I see no reason why a little kid should have to go home for not qualifying.It's as easy as giving 2-#1's,2-#2's etc. We can only hope the ATVA will see and do something to protect these kids as they are the future of racing!
Could Tessa May be the next Angela Moore? This little lady is a great rider and a joy to watch.

70 production :: Yep the Cobra made it to the races and yep, it won. No surprise to this reporter.
Cody Shute-Cobra
David Beer-LRX
Chase Horton-LEM
There were at least 2 Cobras out there. The winner obviously knew how to handle the machine. He should tho, as he's been testing the machine for months. The other Cobra was mid pack or so.

I got to see my first Cobra there. Like most new machines, refinements will have to be made.
The bump steer is terrible on the Cobra. I don't see why they are getting a patent on the front end, I wouldn't copy it's design. Also, there is NO steering stem stop. When the wheel hits the A-arm, that's when it stops.
I was looking,pushing,wiggling, and explaining to a friend these problems and this lady asked me to take it easy on the machine as it was for show. I didn't know this was John Ahrens girlfriend! LOL!! I walked away before I could find more, or got a tongue lashing.
It's obvious to at least me that the Cobra has no place racing alongside CVT machines.

Angela Moore tied the Womens A class points up with heather Rose with a win in Macon. Heather has worked out hard over the winter and it shows! Heathers racing talent was always awsome, but she really has stepped it up for this year. I left before the Open A class was posted. Angela got 7th and 9th in her motos in that class.

Donny Banks (Ga. Promotors Group) put on yet another great show. The famous Echeconnee Off-Road parks' sand track taxed the riders no matter how good of shape they were in!

This was my first national for this year. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones also. I just cannot help loving this sport! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GNC Round 4

Thanks for the update. Congrats to Angela for another great performance. The kid that won on the cobra, is that "oldfartracer's" kid? Also the kid in 2nd place, David Beer I have seen him listed as riding a DRR, a Cobra & a LRX??? Any idea which is really correct?

Old 04-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Default GNC Round 4

I think thats OFR's kid as the address was Michigan.
I copied the riders/machines directly from the official posted results at the race track (70cc). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Your welcome. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]