ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Is there any quad that can beat a CR250?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is there any quad that can beat a CR250?

Originally posted by: Ossapa
well, i may be selling it anyway to get a crf230. Ive heard they are better
LOL. you're all over the place. I don't know about you. KDX220 to YZ450F....BIG difference...way more power. and then KDX220 to CRF230....LOL...way less power and a lot smaller. Are you making all this up as you go along???

Old 08-31-2005, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no, im just joking with yall, im not gonna get a yzf450. But i may get a crf 230 if i cant harness the power of my kdx220 by the end of the season

Old 08-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

But i may get a crf 230 if i cant harness the power of my kdx220 by the end of the season

HUH?? what the hell does that mean??
This is why I wonder about you. A KDX220 is a higher class of bike than a CRF230. The KDX is taller and faster and is more comparable to a bigger XR, DR, WR or CR250X. Like I said, you're all over the place. You're makin no sense....unless the KDX is too much for you and that's why you're downgrading.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: 2stroke4ever
But i may get a crf 230 if i cant harness the power of my kdx220 by the end of the season

HUH?? what the hell does that mean??
This is why I wonder about you. A KDX220 is a higher class of bike than a CRF230. The KDX is taller and faster and is more comparable to a bigger XR, DR, WR or CR250X. Like I said, you're all over the place. You're makin no sense....unless the KDX is too much for you and that's why you're downgrading.
He's got me confused too![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] A 230 is a beginers bike, or maybe good to put around the pits or something.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

from what i hear from most people a crf230 is much faster than my kdx220.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Range Rover

why not?
Quite simply, power to weight:

Recent CR250+ pipe = 210 lbs /50+ hp = 4.2 lbs/hp

Typical fat *** quad = 400+ lbs/45 hp = 8.9 lbs

ANY MORE QUESTIONS??!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

To be honest, since getting into 2-stroke MXers, most quads seem pretty boring to me unless I have a great place to ride them in to take advantage of their strenths (i.e. sand and mud, wide sweeping turns). Take a ride on a 250 2-stroke MXer and you see just how lazy those big cc 4-stroke, overweight quads are. They may eventually reach a high top speed, but the MXer in front of them will get there way sooner. Now get a 2-stroke screamer like the Banshee or LT500, and you could mod your way in the stratosphere, but with 4-strokes you will probably be eating dust.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

from what i hear from most people a crf230 is much faster than my kdx220.
Then "most people" you talk to are dead wrong. It's sad how clueless and unknowledgeable younger riders today are. I weep for the future.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lapeerbanshee
My stock 2004 KFX700 beat a KX125 with a pro circuit pipe and reeds this weekend at silver lake sand dunes in the wet sand by the beach...but then he beat me we only raced twice.

I see a lot of wheel spin in that scenario. Get on hard pack or pavement and you won't win. There's usually a logical explanation when a quad gets a fluke win against a bike. Heavy wheel spin combined with a super short drag strip to keep the bike from making up ground is one scenario. A moron on the bike is another.
well i guess thats the difference i wasnt on hard pack....but guess what....I won so it looks like a quad can beat a bike. Did it say anything about the terrain and the race was a little less then a quarter mile. and the kid on the bike knows how to ride. Deal with it your wrong!!

Old 09-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

My stock 2004 KFX700 beat a KX125 with a pro circuit pipe and reeds this weekend at silver lake sand dunes in the wet sand by the beach...but then he beat me we only raced twice.

I see a lot of wheel spin in that scenario. Get on hard pack or pavement and you won't win. There's usually a logical explanation when a quad gets a fluke win against a bike. Heavy wheel spin combined with a super short drag strip to keep the bike from making up ground is one scenario. A moron on the bike is another.
well i guess thats the difference i wasnt on hard pack....but guess what....I won so it looks like a quad can beat a bike. Did it say anything about the terrain and the race was a little less then a quarter mile. and the kid on the bike knows how to ride. Deal with it your wrong!!
I'm not wrong. The terrain handicapped the bike. So if you read my post correctly, I was right.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

thats why i beat it though because quads dont get handicapped and bikes do. quit making excuses and deal with it. Your wrong!!

Quick Reply: Is there any quad that can beat a CR250?