ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Is there any quad that can beat a CR250?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is there any quad that can beat a CR250?

Originally posted by: 2stroke4ever
Originally posted by: Ossapa
hey man (2strokeforever) i got nothing against bikes, i mean i was just wondering why a raptor 700 could not win. I was just wondering thats all. I mean i got a kawasaki kdx220 myself and im sure i could own most quads but i personally dont think i would have a chance. then again my bike aint meant to race a quad. O well guess i better go buy a bigger bike. maybe like a yamaha yz450.
Like I said in the other thread. I'll ride your stock KDX220 (if you really have one) and I'll beat my quads or just about any stock quads if not all of them...nevermind on a motocrosser which will smoke a KDX220.

And what's this???: " im sure i could own most quads but i personally dont think i would have a chance"...makes no sense to me.

And as for you, RDZ350, LOL, well that's just insane (75HP). That, I can understand, will beat just about anything. But that's just unreal. That must be one hell of a Dune Machine and dragster...though I can't imagine it being much fun on the trails. Too Much.
Actually it's more rideable than you might would think.I sometimes go to a place called sandcreek.I almost never get out of third gear.Around here riding areas are scarce.I still have the stock tranny(no override).The porting gave it more mid range so to me it become more rideable.Real tight trails where you must go slow would be a nightmare on it though.Banshees are not known for being trail rigs anyways.It does run pretty good.I've outrun alot of people,but I've been smoked several times also.Enforcer will out run me all day long.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lapeerbanshee
thats why i beat it though because quads dont get handicapped and bikes do. quit making excuses and deal with it. Your wrong!!
LOL. firstly, I ride quads not bikes so my stance isn't because I prefer bikes. The basis of the question here is very simple. Your twisting it around by basing the quads' drag win on something that isn't supposed to be a factor here. We're talking speed and acceleration PERIOD. Not with handicaps that make one win over the other.

The question here is simple to understand. My explanation (and everyone else's) is simple to understand. If you don't understand any of it, you choose not to because nobody is that dense.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: 2stroke4ever
Originally posted by: lapeerbanshee
thats why i beat it though because quads dont get handicapped and bikes do. quit making excuses and deal with it. Your wrong!!
LOL. firstly, I ride quads not bikes so my stance isn't because I prefer bikes. The basis of the question here is very simple. Your twisting it around by basing the quads' drag win on something that isn't supposed to be a factor here. We're talking speed and acceleration PERIOD. Not with handicaps that make one win over the other.

The question here is simple to understand. My explanation (and everyone else's) is simple to understand. If you don't understand any of it, you choose not to because nobody is that dense.
yes we are talking speed and acceleration, so your telling me that bikes have no acceleration in the sand, why is it bikes get handicapped and quads dont, i had holeshot tires and he had some kind of trail tire. this was down in the wet sand, and I was topped out long before the end and he didnt gain an inch on me.

Old 09-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Range Rover

We have drag raced 300' dirt for 3 seasons now and have yet to see a bike run times close to the quads. I'm assuming this is strickly due to traction issues in the dirt. We run 4.9's with our YFZ with pipe/filter/intake and have had many races with bikes 125's, 250's, 450's, and the fastest bike I have seen to date runs 5.2's with paddles. Most are running 5.5's or worse.

Used to race TT on a Cannondale and it was fun lapping the bikes. Again, traction issues.....

That being said I have no doubts that power to weight ratio would win everytime on pavement or other surfaces where traction is not an issue.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Here's a crazy idea.Crazy enough to work?Think it would be possible to mount an atv paddle tire and rim somehow on a dirt bike.Take the 250 and put in either a stroker crank or a big bore.Maybe add an alcohol carb or nitrous.Sounds fun if you could hang on to it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Cool.... Remember the "fat cats" ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure?Refresh my memory.

Old 09-08-2005, 03:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitedog
Cool.... Remember the "fat cats" ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: RDZ350
Not sure?Refresh my memory.

LMAO..............It was a 3 wheeler turned into a bike.........I thought they were as ugly as sin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

They were ugly. AND hard as HELL to ride. Theres a few on ebay. -honda fat cat- 1986-87

Old 09-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Range Rover

its not even the same 250 from the qaud to the bike, very close but the bike puts out about 8-10 more horspower than the quad plus in a bike you you now get a powervalve and that would beat the hell out of any stock qaud, i think the closest stock quad would be a quadzilla and im not a suzuki lover but they sure are fast.

Quick Reply: Is there any quad that can beat a CR250?