ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Would you trade a quadracer for a banshee

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 02:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you trade a quadracer for a banshee

okay here is the deal...I got an 86 Lt250r that has some mods and I can get a stock 02 banshee for my bike plus $500...that banshee is in decent shape..what would you do...I already rode the banshee and is rips. I want to race mx and I know that I need to put $$ into the shee but like my lt I need to put $ in it as well but parts are limited.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you looked into what class you will be able to run at the MX track? I know the LT isn't the greatest choice for racing, but the Bansh may seriously limit your options as to where and what classes you can race. You might be better off looking into a 400 or 450 or even looking to get a 250R.

Old 10-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

yeah not gonna be in the 250 class with the bansee. LT250 is faster then the honda R stock for stock its geometry isnt as good but some aftermarket a arms and such can fix that quickly. so definatly check out what classes the banshee can race in

Old 10-25-2005, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer

hows this there is no class that seperates the quads here because there isn't that much quads to race against so basically it is an open class...i'll be up against 1 or 2 other banshees, a few 450's and 400's...I am an experienced rider so I was wondering which would be the best way to go.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

I would put your money into the 250, I used to take bashee's on my old LT

Old 10-25-2005, 10:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Have you tried racing your LT already? Have you watched to see how the different machines do? The stock suspension on either machine is going to suck for racing. You are looking at some serious $$ to not get beat to death by the machine. You have some options though. If you are racing just for fun then pick a quad and commit to that one OR maybe you could trade for the Shee and then trade again for something else. It might be wise to race the LT for a bit and save up for a 450.

Old 10-26-2005, 02:27 AM
Trailblazer

ahh I am just racing for fun...I like the LT cuz it is light...but I never raced a banshee so I was wondering how it would be and if the deal would be good since the banshee is 16years younger

Old 10-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

It is a lot easier to find parts for the banshee, and there is a bigger selection of used parts out there as well(like aftermarket shocks,a-arms,etc.) Oh heck, just go for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer

I personally don't like the feel of banshees. I feel to high on them. On my lt however if feel more planted to the ground and on hare scrambles with tight trails i have had a lot less close calls on my LT. This maybe because i have less experience on the shee. But have rode for many years and found my self "haning" on too many times on the shee. But for MX (banshee) if you can keep it in the power band go for it. It is harder to keep it where it wants to be in all parts of the track. The LT with it's exhaust valve it has a smooth power band that helps accelerate out of the corners and maintain traction. Riden right the banshee is faster though.

edit: Just read above the 86' lt were dogs. Good for suzuki's first race quad but the 88' through 92' is the way to go. I have an 87 and it is the transition year and after market parts are limited, especially the reeds and the reed cage.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:07 AM
Trailblazer

yeah I had an 87 and loved it but when I returned home my uncle got rid of it and I had to get another one so I came across the 86...for under $300 but it was inpieces and I did most of the hop ups...pretty good deal won't you say? so I think it would just be like getting an 02 shee for $700

Quick Reply: Would you trade a quadracer for a banshee