ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

number plates and numbers

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default number plates and numbers

my daughter is racing on april 1st and the ama rules say quads need a front and back number plate to race mx and tt races.does anyone know how i find out what numbers to use so they are not the same as anyone else .do they asign them on race day?her ama # is 6 #s long so that cant be it .i have everything else ready but this and i have tried to contact the ama to no avail which really psd me off when you pay for a membership and cant get any help.if anyone can help i would be grateful.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Trailblazer

Now i may be wrong about this, but this is what i have been told....Your number is the last three digits on your ama card, but you can also use any number you want as long as you get to the track first.. Even if someone has the same number as you, all you have to do is X it out with tape.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Using the last 3 numbers is standard, but you can also pretty much run what you like as long as someone else doesn't beat you to it, so stay aways from single digits. Example, I run the #26 in everything I do, so I stuck with it in MX. If someone at the track was to already have that number, I can always just put a "X" after it or something with tape.

For a good deal on number kits, you can go thru RockyMountainMC.com to get Attack Graphics. That's what I did for a relatively cheap price.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

you can always go with a 2 digit number and leave room for a 1 in front of it. Just use electrical tape to make the 1. Then when your done peel it off.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

Is it an AMA National that is sponsored by the AMA, or is it a race that is sponsored by a local organization? The Utah Sportsman Rider Association (USRA) is our local sanctioning body, and they require AMA membership, so we get an AMA card with our membership number on it, but that isn't our race number for the local series. Around here the novice (C) class has white numbers on a green background; amature (B) class has black numbers on a yellow background; and expert (A) class has black numbers on a white background. The local sanctioning body makes up a pie plate with your number on it, or a letter if it is your first race, and gives it to you at signup.

So I would try to find out if there is a local sanctioning body, instead of just the AMA, and contact the local organization for more information. Good luck at the races.

DV

Old 03-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

best bet is to aask the people you pay entry fees to for the race, they will tell you what you need.

Old 03-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

went with the last three digits of ama #.
practice is tomorrow . races on sat & sun will post results .
thanks to all