ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2000, 07:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a rule that says I cant run a single digit number in an ama race? my dad thinks only pros can run single digits. I wont be racing pro. Probably 250B and two stroke B at the ama races and at the local races I'll be riding Quad Novice and maybe expert. Can I run #9? and can I run black number plate backgrounds or do they have to be white like most other peoples i've seen?

Old 12-10-2000, 08:02 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, yeah you can run whatever number you want. but if someone else has the number one of you will have to be like 9X. you can run black backgrounds or anyother color. blue backgrounds are for pros only though.

Old 12-11-2000, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can run what ever number that you want but only one person per class can have the same. This coming year there will be no letters after the numbers like last year. Also, you will not be able to put a / though the number any more. At the nationals this year your number will also be on a number plate on the front bumper and also one from the rear grab bar. Your numbers and background must be of contrasting colors so that they can be read. There were some scoring problems last year because some numbers could not be read quickly by the scorers, hopefully it will not happen this coming year.
See you at the GNC Nationals.