ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Whats the bset ATV out there for racing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the bset ATV out there for racing?

Im looking into getting a ATV and if I do Id like to race it.
Im 26 6' 225lbs if that matters in deiciding on what ATV.

Anyways whats the best ATV out there for racing? I kinda like the looks of the polaris and the yamahas

Old 04-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Also I heard that the old 2 strokes are way better than any of the new ATVs you can buy, is this true?

The type of racing Id like to do would be track racing but if I dont end up liking that then probably just straight drag

Old 04-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer

it all depends if you like 2stroke power plants or 4 stroke powerplants really.if you like 2 strokes then i would suggest a 88 or newer trx250r.you can pick these up with mods for racing already on it cheaper than a brand new 450.if your wanting to get a 450 for the mx track from what i`ve seen the ltr450 from suzuki is the best bone stock quad of the 450`s availible in my opinion.the others are great too don`t get me wrong and i`ve yet to see the kx in action so i can`t really comment on that one.i`m just stating from what i have seen the zuk is the nicest platform to start with.

if it were me i`d go with a 250r.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have no clue about ATVs so knowing if I want a 2 stroke or 4 stroke isnt possible lol

Like I said Id like to race on a track I guess thatd be MX racing.

So just give me a list of quads that wont get me my *** handed to me

Old 04-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer

any 450 will be great...
z400`s can hang with the 450`s with motor work.
suzuki,kawasaki and honda each have 250cc 2 stroke quads that make good mx quads,but the honda has the best design.
i really can`t say what quad suits you best because i`m not you and only you can decide for yourself.i myself like the feel of a 2 stroke on the track thats why i`d go with the 250r if i was in your situation.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The new 4 strokes IS the way to go IMO. ALTHO, I love my TRX250R.
I agree that the LTR450 (SUZ) is the best outa the box.
The TRX450R is a great machine also. This is the machine I would buy, but that's me.
Both motors are plenty fast stock.
The YFZ450 Yammy is the machine I recommend to all my competitors.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] A newer machine, but a "has been" allready.
The new Kawi is experiencing first year troubles like anyone would expect. I'd get one over the Yam tho.

The one reply was correct, I'd sell my beloved 250R (PEP shocks,LSR a-arms and swingarm,blah,blah) for 5k.

FYI dude,,, your going to have it handed to you no matter what machine you get. You need expierience!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
You try to win at first and the only thing you'll win is a trip to the hospital. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Have fun!

Hope some of this may help. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LT80
The new 4 strokes IS the way to go IMO. ALTHO, I love my TRX250R.
I agree that the LTR450 (SUZ) is the best outa the box.
The TRX450R is a great machine also. This is the machine I would buy, but that's me.
Both motors are plenty fast stock.
The YFZ450 Yammy is the machine I recommend to all my competitors.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] A newer machine, but a "has been" allready.
The new Kawi is experiencing first year troubles like anyone would expect. I'd get one over the Yam tho.

The one reply was correct, I'd sell my beloved 250R (PEP shocks,LSR a-arms and swingarm,blah,blah) for 5k.

FYI dude,,, your going to have it handed to you no matter what machine you get. You need expierience!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
You try to win at first and the only thing you'll win is a trip to the hospital. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Have fun!

Hope some of this may help. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Great post!!!!

I have to agree with everything but the "has been" comment regarding the Yammy. For MX yes, but it's still doing well in the GNCC circuit.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

*cough*,,,Borich,,*cough* Honda* cough*....LOL. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ballance could win on one of my LT80's!! He's wild. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

well I ended up getting a honda trx450r, this thing has got some ***** to it too, I havent been able to take it somewhere offroad yet, just cruised down the street and back with it.
Cant wait til next weekend now, hell I might have to go out before that

Old 04-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

I raced a stock motored TRX at the Texas GNC last year.
The motor was faster than me !!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
My daughter won the first GNC this year on her stock motored practice bike.

Quick Reply: Whats the bset ATV out there for racing?