ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

What is the fastest stock sport quad

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is the fastest stock sport quad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mikebell72

we just got back from little sahara in waynoka ok i have a 525 outlaw and the ktm is the fastest stock bike out there my stock outlaw beats the stock raptor by 2 to 4 bikes in the 300 ft depending on rider. and the canam is a joke in the sand .</end quote></div>

Joke huh. LMFAO I saw a few 525 laws and ktms at snake hunt. Good for stock bikes but not what the hype makes them out to be. Hell I didn't find one that could run next my lil 4x4 Prairie or an Outlander that was there.

Here is a lil video of the Prairie and Outlander. The Prairie is red the Outlander is green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpLOzFOgCYw

Old 04-25-2008, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i whould bet that my bike with big 3 and cam will beat any ktm with big 3 and cam once i get dasa duals and fci intake.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

het fast fat fatboy, i could not get the video to load i would love to see your bike run. with the list mods you have i am sure it hauls a__ but remember the original quistion was what is the fastest stock quad out there right now, if your bike was stock the outlaw would beat your bike by 25 bike lenghts in a drag race. which was the original question. you can make any of the bikes fast, just get out the checkbook.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer

The fastest bike in production i would say is the ktm. But the ds 650 is the fastest you can get i think.(80 some mph).

Old 05-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I guess I have to add my two cents worth here....you see the youtube videos and you hear the loyalty of brands on the forums....IMO, they are all pretty fast and very comparable in stock form. I think what a lot of it boils down to is the rider. I'm sure I could take my modded preddy against a pro rider on any stock machine and get spanked....LOL!

Old 05-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

"IMO, they are all pretty fast and very comparable in stock form. I think what a lot of it boils down to is the rider."

Now there is a very accurate responce!
What should be considered is dependability, rider comfort, and available options.

A guy installed the HRC kit on his TRX450 and said it isn't fast enough. I explained that I knew how to make it faster,,,,I could get my daughter to ride it..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

If I was to buy a new machine, it'd be the new KTM 450SX. Then the 450 Can-Am. After those, it'd be a toss-up between a Honda and Suz (450's).
I have no use for any machine over 450cc's. Unless I wanted a 4x4 that is.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LT80

"IMO, they are all pretty fast and very comparable in stock form. I think what a lot of it boils down to is the rider."

Now there is a very accurate responce!

What should be considered is dependability, rider comfort, and available options.

A guy installed the HRC kit on his TRX450 and said it isn't fast enough. I explained that I knew how to make it faster,,,,I could get my daughter to ride it..[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

If I was to buy a new machine, it'd be the new KTM 450SX. Then the 450 Can-Am. After those, it'd be a toss-up between a Honda and Suz (450's).

I have no use for any machine over 450cc's. Unless I wanted a 4x4 that is.</end quote></div>

+1 but I will add one thing all this depends on where you plan on riding you quad and the terrain that will be ridden. One example the reason that I have a Raptor 700 is the 450's would never cut it in Colorado w/ the mountains that we have. Very rarly do ever see a 450 quad in this part of the country!

Old 05-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

the reason i bought the raptor is becasue once modded no fourstroke will touch it and it is pretty cheap to ungrade compaired to other quads(you can make 75 to hp and a **** load of torque for like less than 3k. and the after riding the ktm and seeing them out at glamis decided the suspestion is nice but ina drag race with the same $ in my raptor they will get stomped on. if you ant to go look a king of the hill compititions pretty much raptors are winning them all. even a four strokes ar out at glamis a raptor with a raptor engine still in it won it all and beat a ds650 with a busa motor in it. yes it was not the best busa motor quad out there but it still had a busa motor.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigned1904

the reason i bought the raptor is becasue once modded no fourstroke will touch it and it is pretty cheap to ungrade compaired to other quads(you can make 75 to hp and a **** load of torque for like less than 3k. and the after riding the ktm and seeing them out at glamis decided the suspestion is nice but ina drag race with the same $ in my raptor they will get stomped on. if you ant to go look a king of the hill compititions pretty much raptors are winning them all. even a four strokes ar out at glamis a raptor with a raptor engine still in it won it all and beat a ds650 with a busa motor in it. yes it was not the best busa motor quad out there but it still had a busa motor.</end quote></div>

Don't put money on this....Raptors are fast but to say once they are modded that no other fourstroke will touch them thats just silly.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JerseyDevil

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigned1904

the reason i bought the raptor is becasue once modded no fourstroke will touch it and it is pretty cheap to ungrade compaired to other quads(you can make 75 to hp and a **** load of torque for like less than 3k. and the after riding the ktm and seeing them out at glamis decided the suspestion is nice but ina drag race with the same $ in my raptor they will get stomped on. if you ant to go look a king of the hill compititions pretty much raptors are winning them all. even a four strokes ar out at glamis a raptor with a raptor engine still in it won it all and beat a ds650 with a busa motor in it. yes it was not the best busa motor quad out there but it still had a busa motor.</end quote></div>

Don't put money on this....Raptors are fast but to say once they are modded that no other fourstroke will touch them thats just silly.</end quote></div>

if you look at almost every fourstroke king of the hill comp a raptor 700 wins almost every time. the only thing that will give them a run for there money is like a 450 big bore on alky or streetbike motor quads. the last four strokes war at glamis was won by a big bore raptor 700. he beat a busa powered quad. i also dont now 2 meny other fourstrokes that can make 80hp and almost 60tq on a stock bore and stock stroke.

Quick Reply: What is the fastest stock sport quad