What is the fastest stock sport quad

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the fastest stock sport quad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pipelayer

lets go race and figure it out. The DS is still the fastest and the bike all others want to catch. but the DS is in short numbers and you might only see one on a big weekend, so dont blink</end quote></div>

Not that I am arguing your beliefs but I am shure there would be plenty of people that would on the Raptorforum!lol! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

Don't worry bro, all of the fast guys on the Raptor forum are on the same forum we hang out on. No Mercy Racing.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Allow me to qualify. I will agree that the Raptor and DS650 out of the box are about as even steven as it can get. Equal riders it is close. Mod for Mod, it continues to be that way. However as of current, the Rotax motor has shown itself to be the tuffest out of the bunch with over 100hp to the rear wheels.... Now the Rappie boys are coming on strong. And 1 or 2 broke into the 3 second mark at Planet Sand this year. So very impressive and very nice bikes.

And another thing you are correct about them. There are tons of them out there, so the cost to mod to the same points is less on the Raptor.

So good luck and happy building.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigned1904

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JerseyDevil

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigned1904

the reason i bought the raptor is becasue once modded no fourstroke will touch it and it is pretty cheap to ungrade compaired to other quads(you can make 75 to hp and a **** load of torque for like less than 3k. and the after riding the ktm and seeing them out at glamis decided the suspestion is nice but ina drag race with the same $ in my raptor they will get stomped on. if you ant to go look a king of the hill compititions pretty much raptors are winning them all. even a four strokes ar out at glamis a raptor with a raptor engine still in it won it all and beat a ds650 with a busa motor in it. yes it was not the best busa motor quad out there but it still had a busa motor.</end quote></div>

Don't put money on this....Raptors are fast but to say once they are modded that no other fourstroke will touch them thats just silly.</end quote></div>

if you look at almost every fourstroke king of the hill comp a raptor 700 wins almost every time. the only thing that will give them a run for there money is like a 450 big bore on alky or streetbike motor quads. the last four strokes war at glamis was won by a big bore raptor 700. he beat a busa powered quad. i also dont now 2 meny other fourstrokes that can make 80hp and almost 60tq on a stock bore and stock stroke.</end quote></div>

How did he even run up against a Busa they don't line up in the races. The busa is in the Exhibition part of FSA. It would never run up against a Raptor 700. Unless this was a race after the official race then I could understand. But if this is true than that Busa sucked. My little R1 Raptor has never been beat by a stock bore bike or by a big bore raptor. And even when it did get beat (not by a stock bore it was a 10 mil banshee on Alcohol) my bike still had 3 more gears when the other bike was tapped out and mine was catching up.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

its all about money boys the more you got the faster your bike will be. i hate banshees but i think they are the hardest to beat when you put a ton of money into them. i went to the dunes this last weekend and there was a R1 raptor had the bullet bike seat pretty bad but it wasnt fast at all my yfz 501 was runnin with it ya he'd beat me but i hope like hell he would! maybe it wasnt tuned right or what but it wasnt that fast. vinco it utah has a raptor running alky that was down there talk about a bad *** bike, but yet it was still getting beat by the drag banshees..

Old 06-05-2008, 02:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I agree we have a lot of money into our bikes but there is always something faster. The great thing about our bikes are they are duners. We are also geared for duning and not running the hill. If I was geared different my bike probably wouldn't have gotten beat a few weeks ago by a 10mil banshee on alky. But that is the only thing that beat it and it was by a bike length and the r1 was catching it on the top of the hill.

But he was also a hill shooter. While he had to go back to camp for his duner I was ready to go.

My bike is set up right and is impressive. We are working on my husbands DS Busa right now and it is almost done.

But there is always someone with more money and/or less brains that will always be there to beat me and that is great. I don't want to win all the time. That is why I love this sport. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2008, 05:23 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<u>What is the fastest stock sport?</u>

The 2008 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS is the fastest ATV on the market, and it's a sport.

Case closed.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:14 AM
Pro Rider

my daughter on her plastic battery operated quad.... cuz this topic is not going to go anywhere anyways

Old 06-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

we have a 400ex stock n its pretty fast n fun n we got a 250r 3 wheeler n a rapotor 660r. they r fun to us.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

kymaco 250 is probaly the fastest stock they run like 90+ stock