ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

13 year old girl wanting to start racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 year old girl wanting to start racing

I am a 13 year old girl and i want to start racing atvs. I have a kfx400 and i am needing some tips on how to start racing and also some tips on what kind of aftermarket parts i should get. also, I live in tennessee so there is not many racing places.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

after market parts to get: longer a-arms,longer axle,exaust,cams,nerf bars,shocks etc. http://www.racerpress.com/news.../templates/?a=175&z=26 that is a link to gncc one of the biggest atv racing groups in the nation.e-mail them with questions and they can set you up here is for the worcs racing series http://www.worcsracing.com/

Old 11-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Trailblazer

thanks so much!!! I have an HMF exhaust on it, should i get a different one or just keep that?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

keep it

Old 11-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer

ok well any other ideas on how to get me pepared on how to get myself ready for it like what do i need to practice?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What type of racing are we talking about?

Motocross, Cross Country, Hare Scramble etc....etc.....

A lot of what you need to do to prepare has to do with the kind of racing you want to do....... obviously you have to be in great shape for all of them so fitness is a must. But some types like XC will require a different type of fitness than MX or flat-track...... but the key is to ride-ride-ride because nothing will get you into riding shape like riding. No matter which type you are doing practice is the key.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Trailblazer

I am gonna try to do motocross and maybe a little flat track in the summer. Any more tips on that?

Old 11-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Setting up a quad for motocross and setting one up for flat track would be two entirely different things as well. Check with your local AMA Motocross sanctioning body (I believe you can probably find more by checking out http://tmxa.com/ for your area).

You will want to check to be sure they have an appropriate class for your engine size and your age. Around here, they have a "quad sport" class that you would probably fall in.

Most sanctioning bodies will require you have a set of nerf bars and a tether kill switch installed. Some have additional rules. Before you modify your quad too much, be sure they have a class that you can ride in.

If you have any other questions definitely throw them out...

Old 11-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer

Ok....well instead of asking what I need then I will tell you what I already have. I have an HMF Sport slip on, GNCC Holeshot tires all the way around, I have already ordered Nerf Bars, a DG front bumper, handguards, Pro Taper Contour Handlebars...pretty much just stuff for looks, but now I have to convince my parents into buying me stuff that will not only make it look good but will also make it run faster. I need tips on other things to get and also how to get my parents to get it for me!! LOL

Old 11-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

XMAS!!! You would want a new air filter, K&N. Jet the quad to your exhaust and filter. Stage 2 Cams. Like said before, a MX quad and a flat tracker are 2 different machines. However, if you get some A-arms to make you ride 50" wide, some new shocks(front and back) which will lower your ride height but give you more wheel travel. A good steering stabilizer. A new axle to make the rear the same width as the front. With a MX setup you can run flat track but the specialty quads will have an edge on you.

Good luck

Quick Reply: 13 year old girl wanting to start racing