ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

District 23

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2001, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone race the race Yesterday (sunday) in mazeppa. Motocross race? In all it was a very nice track, i liked the layout of it alot. Some nice size jumps. My first moto (quad open class) I got tangled up with a 440ex in the air and i landed on his rear tire, the ds pitched me off and I rolled all the way donw the tabletop while the ds straightened itself out and kept coasting to the bottom. I'm not sure but i think somone clipped my right shoulder when i was on the ground..there is a nice tire mark on the back of my jersey to show that. I remounted and i was already about 1/2 lap down on most other racers. I finished the race and passed 1 crashed rider so i took 2nd to last. In the second moto, i got a decent start and was passed by a few guys that had more ***** on the jumps then i did. I ended up taking 10th place when all was said and done in the 2nd moto.
Being my first Motocross race, i wont be to upset about my finish in the first moto or in the 2nd. It sure was a blast gettting out there and i'm sure i'll be racing alot more MX in the next few years. Hope everyone had a blast out there today.

ryan
00 ds

Old 05-21-2001, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The turnout was small, but a good day of racing otherwise. Daryl Rath(Rath Racing Inc) was there doing motor testing for PSI yesterday. He was on a PSI330r in the OPEN class. He pretty much destroyed the field. They had another racer testing a PSI250 motor in the 250/400 class, but he finished somewhere midpack in both motos. The yzf400 quad was also very fast in the 250/400 class, winning both motos.
For crashes, it wasen't a bad day. The Trenga Blaster racer came up short trying to clear the 90' tabletop and endoed over the bars. Getting run over by his machine then several other racers that were coming over the jump. He was ok. Tempers flared in the QuadSport class when the same racer took out the same rider in the last corner of both motos. It was a complete "ram" pass. Besides that, I wish I could have been out there(out with a dead stator). I'll get them next time.