ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Better MX quad

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2001, 10:46 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the Nebo race last weekend, but didn't bring my quad. My son raced the YZ. The 400ex, who finished second at the Echo race, won going away.

The "sensation" had a few problems. He broke a chain in practice. Somehow his father had him going to race though. I think he finished second in he last moto. His subframe was broke so he wasn't doing the finish line jump.

Old 07-15-2001, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Yeah.

Old 07-15-2001, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

KYRaptor,

His Raptor has a trashed subframe and swingarm. I think that the reason he has so many problems with the chain is because of the cracked swingarm. I was thinking that because it's cracked, it puts stress or tension on the chain, which throws the chain off or breaks it. It seems like no matter what happens with his Raptor, his dad has him going by the next moto.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's hard to believe. We'll throw in some help every once in a while when we can, but his dad normally gets the job done.

Anyway, did you sell your Raptor yet? I saw a blue Raptor on a trailer at Nebo today when I drove by. There were 4 or 5 people out there practicing. Thought it possibly could be yours. Also, you said your son raced at Nebo the on the 7th. Just wondering, what class did he run in and how'd he do?

Old 07-15-2001, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Yes "the sensations" dad amazes me. He almost always gets that quad fixed between motos after his son trashes it. KYRaptor, are you gonna be out at WKSX on wednesday, or the 21st at the race. If so look me up. I have the Orange 250R with the Duncan Graphx kit. #54

Old 07-16-2001, 08:20 PM
Range Rover

I sold my Raptor last week. I did not bring it to the Nebo race. My son raced in the beginner 125 and schoolboy classes. He finished second in the beginner class but he was disqualified after the race for jumping the finish line jump.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] He has only been riding less than a year so he has been doing well.

But, Thursday, while practicing at 800mx, he lost it in some braking bumps with fourth pinned. The back swapped around a couple of times sending him over the bars. He ending up with a broken left arm and bone in his right hand. Casts on both arms. The bike suffered a bent subframe, handlebars, rear fender, airbox, silencer, side panels, and pipe.

So needless to say I won't be there for at least 4 to 6 weeks. I hear Adam is back from his wrist. Someone said he was at Nebo last Wednesday? Also where has Rob been haven't seen him in a while?

I don't see how the "sensation" breaks his subframe. I didn't think it was load bearing unless he keeps bottoming while sitting.

Old 07-17-2001, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

I think that your Raptor and it's new owner might have been at the track Saturday (14th). Evidently Tim and Tammy let those people practice during the day. I heard that if you call in advance that you can practice on a day besides the normal Wednesday night practices. Anyway, that sucks that your son was disqualified and that he is hurt. Wish him a speedy recovery.

I saw Adam at Poole this afternoon when I was practicing. His dad told us that he broke his wrist not too long ago, but he sure didn't look like he had been hurt. He was riding the F fast.

I haven't seen Rob at practice or at a race in probably well over 2 weeks. Haven't heard anything about him either. I guess he isn't too worried about racing up there, or he is busy with something. We'll see if he shows up this Saturday night.

Mendoza somehow breaks his subframe all the time. It's been welded many times, but it's still bad. I think they'll just have to invest in a new subframe and swingarm for that thing. Hopefully those parts will hold up for a little while longer. He runs that thing hard, but he's pretty fast out there.

Old 07-17-2001, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah he is pretty fast. KYRaptor, im soo sorry to hear about your son. I wish him a quick and effective recovery. I really hate to see it when people wreck, wrecking is a part of this sport we love, but i still hate to see friends hurt.