ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

District 23 harescramble (round 3 - Millville)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cstark - this is your m.o., but I figured I'd better post this since you haven't!

By the way, will you make it to Millville on Saturday? How's the quad coming together?

Anyway, who else is going?

I'll be there, and I am looking forward to it - finally, another harescramble.

ogre

Old 09-16-2001, 12:25 PM
Range Rover

How was the racing?

Old 09-17-2001, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

The race was lots of fun, every Millville race (and course design) gets better.

I ended up getting 5th place (out of 21 quads I think). Gaetan was right in front of me, getting 4th. Samson, Gaetan told me why you didn't come this time (something about your dog taking your wallet, so you couldn't cross the border without your I.D.); let me say, we had a good laugh over that one!

I hope to see you guys at next weekend's race.

ogre

Old 09-17-2001, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Orge-
Glad to hear it was a good race for you. I really wish i could have made it to this one but turns out i blew a head gasket on the 440 last monday. So i ordered a top end gasket and a 10:3:1 compression piston from WHITE BRO's, but they sent me the wrong compression! So i was out this race. I did however get it back togeather yesterday and its running like a top! Good job taking 5th. Sounds like a fun day. How is the quad running?

ryan
00 ds650
lsr 440ex
dist. 23
mx/hs

Old 09-18-2001, 04:03 AM
Pro Rider

300exSTER -

I glad you got the 440 back together - it's no fun having a sick quad.

Didn't you have a higher compression piston in there before? Is that why it ate the head gasket? Have you noticed less power with less compression, or isn't it a big deal?

My quad is running great. It took a bit of experimenting with the carb/jetting after the new cam, everything's good now.

ogre

Old 09-18-2001, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

Orge

Yes i was running the 12:1 piston i belive it was. It did eat up my head gasket. We have no TURBO blue around here so i was forced to run 94 octane wiht some octane boost (worthless). It'd ping on top end when i was at mid/top throttle, so there wasnt much i could do, and i was at a local district 16 race, so i couldnt just let off. It ended up blowing the head gasket and as long as i had the head off we threw in a new 10:3:1 piston for good mesures. Powerwise: when i was running the 12:1 i was running to low of an octane gas to get all the power out of it, so i coudlnt tell you, but now with the 10:1 and good gas (gas that actully works), it runs alot better. I'm still running the worst carb known to man, the Lectron 38mm. As soon as we get a weekend were going to throw the stock carb back on and jet it for the 440. The lectron is absolutly worthless. So many little things you have to do to get it to work. Ah i dont even want to get into it, i get myself riled up thinking about how crappy that carb is! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Hey org, you ever want to go ride or something on some state trails for a day or meet at a motocross track sometime. I think racing might be put on a hult for me for the rest of the season for the fact that i dont know the 440 very well yet and dont have the money to be crashing for the fact that i got in over my head at a race. Just wondering, alot of my weekends are free and some of my week days are also free. You should drop me an email at molson@mwt.net thanks

ryan
part time racer
HA

Old 09-19-2001, 12:41 AM
Range Rover

Ya I heard I missed a good race. After my parents dog took my wallet, I was tempted to kill it. Or better yet turn it into a nice fur hat for the upcoming winter, or a door mat. I had everything in that wallet from credit cards, birth certificate, SIN card, plus my credit cards and AMA and dist 23 cards.

But I'm glad to hear Ogre that you did so well in the race [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] you must be pretty happy. How did Gaetans friend do with the LT 500? I haven't had a chance to talk with Gaetan yet, since he works out of town.

Old 09-19-2001, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

Samson - I'm pretty happy, I couldn't wipe that grin off my face after receiving the 5th place trophy.

I'm not sure how Gaetan's friend did, but they have the results on dist. 23's website now. I do know that Gaetan and I passed him towards the end of the 5th lap (must've lapped him).

I think Gaetan would've gotten 1st place, but he had to get gas and he said like 3 or 4 quads passed him while fueling.

I had lots of fun trying to catch him the last 2 laps. I would start getting close to him, then he'd hear me coming and take off like I was standing still. This went on til the end. He is really fast on that LT! Plus, that LT totally flies on the straights - so much for the little 416ex!

I hope you're able to make it next weekend, it wasn't nearly as fun without the guys from the board.

ogre