ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

ASTRONAUT TRAIL Hare scrambles in Mims Florida..............BAN THIS EVENT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ASTRONAUT TRAIL HARE SCRAMBLES North of Titusville in Mims Florida. First of all this event is being put on by the Apollo Motorcycle Club in Titusville Florida. I'd like to say that I've meet a few members of this club and would also say they are rude, arrogant, jackasses. I live close to where this event is being held. I was asked by the club to take my ATV up there to ride the course and see what I thought about it, if it needed anything like wideing or anything. So I ride up there taking the back dirt roads to the course, crossed a paved road and I was there. As I arrived I was treated like a 14 year old by one of the members with 10 or more looking on "I'm 33 by the way". I was told that riding on the dirt roads and crossing the paved road was illegal and I, we were giving ATV riders a bad name while saying this he was yelling, screaming and cussing at me, all of this was uncalled for. In fact it is illegal by Florida state law BUT we have a agreement with the local Deputies that as long as we wear helmets,ride like sane people and obey motor vehicle laws they will NOT ticket us. Well anyway this guy is still going off about me riding on the dirt roads, crossing the paved roads and riding beside "on the grass 10 feet away" the pavement. I even talked to a Deputy Sheriff after this incident and told him about it, he said that the guy has no idea what he's talking about and the unwritten agreement still stands. So now to the point. I ask any of you that plan to ride in this Florida Trail Rider event put on by the Apollo Motorcycle Club please DO NOT ATTENED! These people are just as stated above and no its not just that one guy, I've talked to others many others is the Apollo Motorcycle Club and thay are rude and arrogant as well.

PLEASE BAN THIS EVENT, WE DO NOT NEED TO MAKE PROFETS FOR AND SUPPORT THESE KIND OF EVENTS PUT ON BY THESE KIND OF PEOPLE!!!!

Old 01-10-2002, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

By the way heres the link to the club mentioned above I had problems with if interested. Also heres a phone # if you would like to call and make a complaint. 321-799-1218

www.apollomotorcycleclub.com

Old 01-13-2002, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

I've been riding the "track" all they did was use a Bush Hog to make it and its whoopty doo hell. So its not worth the time or money to ride it anyway.