ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Tyler, TX Race Series

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 03:37 PM
MrP
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone running this race series that Tyler, TX is having?

Old 02-10-2002, 11:28 AM
Range Rover

This will be my second year running the TLSS. It is not just at Tyler (Swan). I have the schedule posted on my web site if you need to take a look. The first race is Feb. 24. I will also be reporting on the race in MXAmerica magazine. Hope to see you there!

Old 02-11-2002, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

ctbanshee, you'll probably see me at some of those this year.

Old 02-12-2002, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Swan huh? CTBanshee, I've heard that Swan isn't that good of a track for quads... what do you think? YOu'll prolly see me there.

Old 02-12-2002, 07:51 AM
Range Rover

Swan is a good track for quads. It is a wide open track. A lot of quads guys dont like it because it gets really rough. If you dont have some decent boingers it will wear you out quick. The only down side is it is usually a all day event. There are a lot of moto's through the day. There is usually a decent turnout for quads. Some good racing goes on. You have a lot of vendors there like Struhals, Tommys, D&S is usually there. I hope to see you guys there. You will like it as long as you dont mind breaking bumps 3 feet deep!

Old 02-21-2002, 04:21 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

ctbanshee- From what everyone has told me it sounds like we will have a good number of quads show up. I am leaving tomorrow around 5 or 6. I like your website also. Swan looks like it is awesome. See you there- MrP.

Old 02-21-2002, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

DANGIT. I wasn't going to go this weekend... But since MrP is coming.. See you guys there. I'll be the only guy pouting when the quads race.

Old 02-24-2002, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Well, it looks like everyone had a good weekend. ctbanshee took a pretty good spill of number 10, MrP got 4th or 5th in expert. The guys I were with placed 10th and 19th, and our biker friend got 17 out of 41 racers.

ctbanshee, not meaning to call you out or anything, but my buddy (number 19) was the one that you hit in the air. I was standing beside him when you talked to him. That wreck wasn't his fault.

Old 02-25-2002, 07:58 AM
Range Rover

lonestar - I was not as mad at him as I was at the spode on the grey banshee that caused me to be that far behind! The wreck was just the icing on the day! That was the biggest gate I have ever seen at Swan. There really needed to be 3 classes. Beginer, intermediate, expert. I could tell about half the gate had not done much racing by watching saturday practice. Me and the guys who raced the series last year went through this all last year. Too many inexperianced out there trying to be heros taking themselves and others out. By the half way point in the series most of the guys dropped out. I am sorry for being rude to your freind. I should have none not to go for the pass over that section. I had a buddy who tried the same thing last year and can no longer race from the damage done to his shoulder. He is the one who had the 250r for sale. He mangled his shoulder good when he landed. Same jump and same result. Like I said, I was more angry with the banshee rider. Tell your freind, no hard feelings. But if he is in front of me again, I will nerf him off the track! I was going to do it in a few turns yesterday. Talk to you later!

Old 02-25-2002, 11:23 AM
MrP
Pro Rider

I got 4th in both races and got 3rd overall. I liked the track, but I wish there would have been more room to pass. Also after the end of the race I went to look at the standings they posted and they had the guy who came in last place as placing third and me as placing sixth. I agree with ctbanshee and think they should have three different classes and run them as three different races instead of stagger starting them. By the third lap I lapped 5 amatuer riders and they were the ones ctbanshee is talking about trying to be heroes because I guess they thought it was someone in there class trying to pass them so they blocked like crazy. I hope by April Swan will see they should have ran three or atleast two seperate races without stagger starting them. All in all I had a really good time. MrP.

Quick Reply: Tyler, TX Race Series