ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Quad Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think they should make a outlaw or super mod pro class for them...or just leave it like it is........Jones beat em on a 250r

Old 02-19-2002, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

<< Jones beat em on a 250r >>

Exactly

Old 02-20-2002, 05:09 AM
Pro Rider

OK Ok Ill stop whining and start racing,where is the next GNCC race,If I have to Ill take a few days off load up the trailer,gas,tools and go and Oh yes make Hotel Reservations unless I wanna sleep in my car...NOT.WHat is the 1st race like is it stressful or is do people help ya and make it enjoyable for some of ya?

Old 02-20-2002, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Like he said it is time to go race and stop talking.
But, to get my 2 cents in. If you had a race and no pro's showed up that day and all you had were 200 to 300 A,B,and C riders. Would there be a race that day? Now if only the pro's showed up and no other riders showed up would there be a race that day? Think about it.

And the answers are yes #1 and no to #2.

Old 02-20-2002, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

This thread has gon bad, lets hold up with the personal attitudes.

There is plenty of racing for every one at every cost level. The point was sappose to be, that the classes are changing and how it will better the sport and up the racer entries.
None of us here are pros and if the pros had a problem they would be here telling us about it.
Yes the little guy sapports most of the finaince of the sport, but that will never change.

Go to www.gnccracing.com sugerhead, here you will find the schedule. The second half of the season has a northern taste to it and not that far for you to travel. joining the ATVA and buying a teather kill switch is all you need. Go, you will not regret it, and I will deffinately look for all of you, and yes, pro, pro-am, and amitures a like all help each other. It's like a big family, you will be hooked first race.

I personally will invest a large amont every year just to see my kids grow in the sport like my father did for me. The biggest reason I would invest in this sport is for the kids, thats what this is all about, some make it some don't, but all have the time of thier lives.
In the NFL, do you think you could get brett farves autograph and shake his hand, yah rite, at the nationals you and your children could walk up to your hero sit down talk racing, get some pointers, walk away knowing that person and what they are about, and more than likely get a autograph, if you remember too, as talking to a hero you seem to forget[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
So lets stop argueing and get racing. I will be looking forward to seeing every one I can on this forum this year. My only gripe is, we have no stickers from connection forum, and it seems we don't realize who is who.
So to all, Have a graet season, and hopefully I don't get to the bad end of to many jokes this year, but damn I'm trying!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2002, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

It's Favre, not Farve!
ERIC

Old 02-20-2002, 01:59 PM
Range Rover

I follow supercross every year. I must say this year has been a lot better than the last few. I understand were the track owners are comming from when they favor the bikes. The bikes pay the bills at the local level. There are not enuff quads to cover the cost. I seem to get along well with the bike guys. Sure, they are some arrogant guys out there, but there are the samr arrogant types on a quad. Bike guys helped dig my quad out of a fence at Tyler. They were super nice to me. They did not have to scale the big fence to help, but they did. I am glad they were there. At one of the final rounds at Swan, I got to chat with Arenacross leader Josh Demuth. That is a super nice guy. He also has spent time on a quad. We had a nice chat, then I told him if he has the urge, to take the banshee out for a spin. He of course, refused. I dont blame! He could get in a lot of trouble wadding up his body playing on a four wheeler! I respect the bike guys, and by showing the respect, I always seem to get it in return. If they keep ragging the quad, I offer them a chance to take it for a lap. That usually puts an end to it. Try to keep in mind, we are all out there having fun doing what we love. It is still MX or CC, no matter if it is two wheels or four! Later All!!!

Old 02-20-2002, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

ctbanshee, I agree. All the bike riders I've ran into at local tracks are really cool about quads. However, I have talked to many MXers on the net, and they're 100% against quad racing. I don't see why either. The way I see it, we're all brothers in this sport. I know that there is nothing I wouldn't do to help out a fellow rider, much less an MXer. On the local scale, bikers will bend over backwards to help someone out, but nationally, they usually have their heads stuck up their butts.

sugarhead, like someone said, YOU GOTTA PAY TO PLAY. You and I both wish it wasn't that way, but facts are facts, and that won't change.

Old 02-20-2002, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

CTBanshee,I remember askin you about Swan earlier but I can't remember if you were talkin about the Lonestar State Championship series. Are you goin to be racing in it? I was wondering if village creek and swan are hard tracks. I haven't ridden either one of them so I don't know. Well, see you this weekend if your racing Swan. I'll be #71 on the Cannibal.

Almost all the guys at the track are super nice. Last race at Badlands was very cold and I didn't have any gloves, and 2 different people offered to loan me some. At Greenville mx, some guy offerred to loan me some gloves too... I guess I need to buy me some? lol. But what I'm saying it that everyone there will be more than willing to help you out.

Old 02-20-2002, 03:23 PM
Trailblazer

Give me drag racing. Atleast I can ET race a stock off the shelf quad and have a chance to win. You don't need to be a pro either, just dedicated and willing to practice leaving the starting line. If you bike is consistent and you cut good reaction times your gonna win your share of races. And if you want to spend big bucks build yourself a heads up top atv bike and go for it. But the big money is in the ET classes.

DDR
ATVDRA

Quick Reply: Quad Racing