Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What ever floats your boat.

Old 02-20-2002, 06:45 PM
Trailblazer

Your right on the float your boat thing. To each his own thing. I'm not saying our way is better I'm just saying that we have fought the same battles against the drag bikes and we are actually winning. We have folks selling their drag bikes buying quads and going racing with us. More racers and bigger money doing what we do on quads. My point was, that the problem you have is that not everyone can be a high dollar factory rider or a winner in GNCC, GNC, TT or ATVcross style racing. Where in drag racing everyone (and I mean anybody) on a given day can win.

DDR

Old 02-20-2002, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

Did everyone out there forget about what there parents taught them back when they were palying little league. The most important thing is that you have fun. i know it's corny but if when you go to the track and do that big double you have been eyeing for a while, its fun. you dream about all the mods and the track your going to the next week and forget about all the sponsership crap and just race. what the hell.
-Jacob-

Old 02-20-2002, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Getting the sponsors is part of the fun. When someone sponsors you, they are practically saying, "This guy is good enough to advertise for us." ... thats a nice feeling for someone else to think your atleast somewhat good. But yeah, eyeing a double everytime you go to the track and then you finally jump would be a GREAT feeling... I'm still eyeing the double [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL.

Old 02-21-2002, 02:02 PM
Range Rover

I will be at Swan this weekend! Yippee!! I have not raced since the Turkey Bowl at Village. I practiced at Weatherford last week, but that has been it since November. I should be plenty out of shape and squirley this weekend! Oh well! I am just ready to do some racing! Hope to see you there!

Old 02-25-2002, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

This is probably not going to make sense to any of you but, not having factory support is good, in one way. If we had factory support, or were all rich enough to have everything we need to race, everyone in this sport would be a bunch of a-holes anyway, and if you think the little guy is getting dumped on now, imagine if it were the way MX is. All the corprate BS, a-hole riders thinking they're always hot stuff because they have a big contract with Honda, the "privateers' would be in even more of a bad situation. I don't know if I am getting my point across, but basically it's that we don't have to put up with all the BS MXer or Nascar or anyone with facotry support does, and the whole "ATV community" is very helpful. sure we have to pay alot of money to race but at least we have to work hard to do it, and don't get things handed to us, which will help you out later in life, because I highly doubt someone will be racing Pro for the rest of their lives. They mihgt still race, but won't be the "hot stuff" that they were before. Did this make sense, because I son't think it really does, oh well.