ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Mo.GNC TT results

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 06:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

JONES~OGDEN~FARR
JJ got the holeshot with Darren Ogden in 2nd.I think Farr was 4th but passed to 3rd.Hitt went to the pits,not the podium for the first time this year.
Darren Ogden was unbelievable in the fact that with Farr bumping and grinding him in the turns,did not waver and no mistake was made and held Tim off to the checkered.Ogden also did well in the pro-am class,and won the open pro main in the Short Track race on friday night! CONGRATS DARREN,,YOU DESERVE IT!!!
In other interesting moments,,Out playing and miss your moto??Seems that the race order was changed and Kory Ellis and Mike Walsh did not notice that their 4 stroke pro-am heat race was going on,thus a protest and they had a 2 person heat.Sure is funny that they didn't know when to race,"being pro's and all"guess next time there is a race order change,the promoter will have to send out personal invitations to PAY ATTENTION!!I do have the oppinion that if an amature racer would have missed their moto,it would have been their fault and nothing done...They were placed on the back line tho for the race.Rightfully so in my oppinion.Just before the race I jokingly told Ellis not to bump my daughter whilst "trying" to pass her.He immediatly started crybabying about the track and that no one could pass.Funny thing was that he jumped the start and was placed on the far back penalty line,then proceeded to pass his way up to 5th place at the checered flag.NO PASSING EH!?!?

BIG BAD ANGELA MOORE,clinched the Womens class with her 5th TT win (she clinched the MX title last week at looser Lorretta's in 7 of 9 races)for her 4th time at Womens #1 plate.Bethany Clayton earned 2nd place this weekend with Holly Shartzer in 3rd.""someone"" was mouthing for 2 months about beating Angela on their home track this weekend,next race just do it,then mouth![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

The track: The rain god blew into Benton Mo. Friday night with vengence,thus over a foot of water was laying in the infield.With alot of work,they made a new infield line and a fine track.Altho some whinned (mostly pro's) it was great racing and Mr.Clayton gets a high five from me!

NEXT YEAR,watch out for Jackie Meadows!!He used to ba a factory racer and is making a comeback!He was fun to watch and is really fast!!I predict a top 5 finish for Mr.Meadows next year,,he was very impressive and a great guy from what I witnessed!

Gidday

Old 08-26-2002, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You forgot to say that Hitt took a very bad fall Friday night in the oval and had to pull out of the program. I wonder if the reason that Jones did so well is that he was just riding for the fun of it? Ogden is rode very good all weekend, you never hear that much about him because he only rides TT. This is why he does not have a top 10 number. with the split he will get reconized like he should.

Old 08-26-2002, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LT80,

I will agree with you that Mr. Clayton made a respectable race out of what could've been terrible. I know not everyone will agree but he made the best out of the situation.

400exTN out!

Old 08-26-2002, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

I wish I could have went. I live 20 minutes from the track, but my friend wanted me in his wedding at 2pm on Sat. in ST Louis.

LT80, will you post over in the Kawi forum under "anyone remember Jackie Meadows"? They don't seem to think he ever raced TT. Also is it Bethany that you are saying has been mouthing Angela? This wouldn't surprise me. This is her first year as a Pro though, and at 16 years old she is fast.

Billy is good with fixing a wet track. Also that dirt can be worked and dried quickly.

I really wish I would have went now so I could have met you all.

Old 08-27-2002, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider

If I remember correctly, J Jones did not get the holeshot of the final race. Ogden did and Jones passed him in Turn 4 of the oval and proceeded to pull away from the rest of the field.

Daren