ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Submitting Sponsorship Resumes??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 12:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it is about time to start submitting resumes for next year.

How do you know which companies accept resumes?? How should I submit them..e-mail or snail mail???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-27-2002, 10:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

send to anyone and everyone,,by snail mail [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
good luck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2002, 04:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fourwhls, when I was submitting resumes, this is what I did. I called the companies I was interested in before-hand, and asked them who to speak to in regards to their rider support program. At that time they either had me speak to the representative right then, or they would tell me who to address the resume package to, and what address to send it to. Also make sure that they offer support to riders in your level of racing, not ALL companies offer support to local amateurs.
Some people I hear of that send in resumes with so/so results only sent in a letter-form resume, no pictures. The second year I sent out resumes, I got very good responses. At that time, I was submitting a resume with my racing history, good highlights and such in a graph-form, a couple photos of the quad and myself, one action shot, and one shot of the machine really really clean, brand new sponsor stickers on it, very presentable.
Year in and year out, every year I had very good luck with Krause Racing/Sidewinder Chains and Sprockets. They have very good discounts applicable to even local amateur riders. Luckily, this is one of the items that wear out quickest when racing every weekend...and they are VERY generous. I also got support from Graydon Proline, Maier Plastics, Noleen Racing(Ohlins Shocks), Boyesen Reeds, as well as a couple local shops. If this is your first time applying for support, don't expect cash support, but instead expect discounts on their products. When you recieve support offers back, be sure to submit at least one mid-season update as to how you stand in your points series, including a newer picture of you and the machinery. Make sure you get a shot where you can see the companies sticker and/or product in clear sight and clean/un-damaged. Hope this helps...good luck!
I'm going to try to get back into the racing scene the end of this season a couple times to see if I want to hit it full force next season. I'm interested to see if I can get any of my old sponsors and a couple new ones to bite after 5 years of being out of it!