ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

MN District 23 HareScramble Series

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2000, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My name is Chris, and I am from Rochester, MN. This will be my first time racing District 23 HareScrambles and I am very excited. I hope too meet some of you for the first time. A little friendly competition or just another excuse to get out and ride. Either way, I'm in it too have some fun. Look for me, I'll be racing in the QuadSport class with a modified 300EX. I am interested too see how many of you plan on attending and look forward to seeing you there.

Chris

Old 04-25-2000, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

I'm looking forward to racing the series myself. I'll be racing my Banshee in the quadsport class as well. I'll be coming there in my dark green 96 Dodge Ram 4x4, with a light blue topper which stands out like a sore thumb LOL (gonna get it painted the same colour as truck this summer).

It'll have Ontario license plates on it as well. So if you see me, come over and say hi.

87 Banshee
99 Banshee

Old 04-28-2000, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

I checked to see what time the quad class starts at Millville, and found out that practice starts at 8:30 am, and the race begins at 9 am. Now thats early. Instead of putting an energy drink into my camel back, I may have to put my morning coffee in there instead HAHA

You can read up on it at www.springcreekmx.com

87 Banshee
99 Banshee

Old 04-29-2000, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, you guys are slowly convincing me to enter the harescramble w/ the 400ex. What things do I need before I get there? Numbers for the EX, AMA membership? So there's no subclasses (A,B,C) for the quads, just sport and utility?

Old 05-01-2000, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

A half hour practice isen't much time to learn a 6 and a half mile track. One practice lap, and that's about it.
Requirements for District 23: AMA membership card, District 23 Card, Saftey gear(helmet, goggles, etc).
Nerf bars are not required yet, but might be after the first race. It's kind of a trial and error type of thing.
Also, all sport machines do run together. Doesen't sound too fair, but remember. This race is going to be 60min, plus one lap. So we are talking about a 70min race here. Speed isen't the key, endurance is..... A Blaster has the same chance as a Banshee in this one.

Incase your wondering about a HareScramble and how much it takes out of you. Imagine 40 machines lined up in a row, dead engine start. With a 6 to 10 mile long track in front of you.
Some MX track, woods, open fields, logs, water, mud, endless whoops, ruts, and anything else you can think of. One word.......endurance.

Chris

Old 05-01-2000, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

You can buy the AMA and Dist 23 membership cards right at the track, or you can get them in advance. Check out www.armca.org

I never had any numbers last year, but if my membership comes in the mail in time, I'll probably get them.

As for your quad, I would suggest you get aftermarket skid and glide plates.

Also a camel back is very important to get, so you don't dehydrate.

87 Banshee
99 Banshee

Old 05-01-2000, 12:07 PM
Range Rover

Practice for a harescrambles. That's a new one on me. If you ever get to go to a GNCC or other established series that has experience with these types of races don't expect to get to practice.

Old 05-01-2000, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

Why don't you get a chance to practice at GNCCs?
Even the pro motocross riders get a lap before every race.

Chris

Old 05-01-2000, 04:17 PM
Range Rover

Well, for one thing, a motocross track is typically 1 to 1-1/2 miles long, a GNCC lap is usually 9-12 miles long. GNCC racing has never allowed anyone to practice a trail prior to a race. As a matter of fact, the rules state you are not allowed to ride the trails that are being used for the race anytime within seven days prior to the race. Not getting to practice is just part of cross country racing. Now you can walk the trail the day before the race if you so desire, which we always do. I've been racing cross country for 15 years now and had never heard of anyone being allowed to practice before the race, that is until I read these post.

Old 05-01-2000, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Being that this is the first year for District 23 HareScrambles. I do not know if you get to practice before the event. But the racing schedule shows:
Sign-up 7:30am
Pracitce 8:30am
Race 9am

So I guess that we will find out on May 14th.

Chris

Quick Reply: MN District 23 HareScramble Series