ATV Videos Post and view entertaining videos running the gammut from spectacular crashes to crazy stunts to everything else involving a quad.

Who Needs an Elevator?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 11:51 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Who Needs an Elevator?

Ever wonder how ATV dealerships transport ATVs from one level to the next? We finally found video proof of the process:

https://atvconnection.com/articles/video-thats-done/

Old 01-18-2018, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I can picture a dealership doing that. Went up to pick up one of our quads. Arrived just in time to see the mechanic pulling it out of the garage and going around on two wheels.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Sure wouldn't have happened at our shop if we had a second floor. Insurance was high enough without someone breaking bones or killing themselves. Two guys pulling,two bigger guys pushing at the rear to the second floor landing. Bars on the doors and windows and a pipe rail fence all around the buildings and we still had a few break ins over the years.Insurance company just loved us for that also..

Old 01-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Sure wouldn't have happened at our shop if we had a second floor. Insurance was high enough without someone breaking bones or killing themselves. Two guys pulling,two bigger guys pushing at the rear to the second floor landing. Bars on the doors and windows and a pipe rail fence all around the buildings and we still had a few break ins over the years.Insurance company just loved us for that also..

Back then, you were out in the middle of nowhere.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:52 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Actually right off I-35 on the service road, but I guess in plain site is the best place for break ins.. We even had to weld bars on the shop area roof vents. They were 12" wide,3' long and we had a kid squeeze through one,dropped to the floor,took the bar of the shop walk in door and made off with a Ktm 65. Skinny thieves are the best I guess.. Funny story on that as we did recover it a couple weeks later. A kid came in needing a brake lever for that late model 65,parts manager told him he needed the serial number first(he was well aware also) Kid came back,bought the lever(of course it was for the stolen one)My nephew and another tech followed him home and had the cops there too.. Fun day.. Kids dad came out with a funky bill of sale from a third party. Cops didn't arrest them,but we got the bike back. I ought to write a book on all that happened over a 23 year span there...

Old 01-18-2018, 02:06 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

But nothing around it. I35 just made it easy access.

Forget the guys name, but he worked the parts/sales. Was getting a part and he was telling me about a new quad you guys had back there that the motor locked up. Said when you took the air filter off, you follow a big trail of red dirt right into the carb, and into the motor. And Polaris covered it under warranty. Guess you were all shaking your heads on that one.

Old 01-18-2018, 02:17 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Too many to remember over the years but we were able to get a lot warrantied that didn't deserve to be. On some machines that deserved to be we couldn't get warrantied. Sometimes I think it was what kind of mood the Polaris warranty guy was in that day.. Old Bobby or "Bender" Bob as we called him as he was noted for bending handle bars no matter how strong they were was the parts manager. Mine was "Keeper" as they saw me a lot crawling around on the floor looking for valve keepers that popped out when I was cleaning up heads...