Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Can you get new ATV in crate ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 02:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you get new ATV in crate ?

I want to buy a new ATV but the last "new ATV I bought when I went to pick it up the guy was riding it and burnishing the brakes on it. he was going wide open and then stopping really quick. I know he was supposed to do something similar to that for the brakes but my question is

Can you buy a new bike still in the crate and finish assembly your self when you get home with it.

These things aren't cheap and I dont want one already used any ?

Also does anyone know how much the motors are ran after assembly at the plant that makes them ?

I'll be in the market in a couple of months for a new one.

Thanks

Old 11-03-2003, 03:43 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Arctic388,

I would have to say you can't because of the liability and warranty issues but there is no reason you can't ask the dealer if he still has one in the crate and would like to be there when it is uncrated and fluids added.

Chet

Old 11-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

I almost bought a crate rappy from a dealer in canada but opted out last minute.

looking back I probrably should have done it

Old 11-03-2003, 08:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My friend bought a motorcycle and watched as they took it out of the crate and added the fluids.
I wish I would have done that when I bought my Recon new. It turned out it was traded from another dealer and the drain hole was stripped. At least my Foreman has a speedo, so I could tell that there wasn't any mileage on it. I wonder if they can reset the mileage on the speedo.
Well anyway, I agree that it might affect the warranty if you take it and put the fuids in and stuff. It would be better to have them look everything over just in case a problem occurs later. So just ask them to wait so you can watch them put everything together. If they do something odd or you don't know why they did something, just ask them why they did it. There might be a good reason.

Old 11-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Range Rover

My Kazuma was shipped to my house in the crate. And yes you can request they pull one out of the crate. A decent dealership will do it for you. Not too many decent dealerships left though.....

Old 11-12-2003, 07:57 PM
Range Rover

Old 11-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

The major 4 all prohibit this type of sale...is it done still to some extent...not at this dealership.
It is a huge liability issue
We are more than willing to set-up a fresh crate bike/quad if the customer so desires...we even have some customers who don't even want us to wash the new machine because they afraid we will scratch...thats not a problem either

Old 11-14-2003, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

here in oregon a friend of mine got 2 400exs in a crate and then put them together himself

he sayed some$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 11-15-2003, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant see how this could be any benefit. What kind of warranty do you get if you put your own bike together? Probly none compared to a minimum of 6 months.......Not worth it.

Plus if you have ever seen a bike in a crate you know that all that needs to be done is to raise the bars, install the lower shock bolts and air up the tires.

They do not come totally disassembled.

Old 11-16-2003, 02:11 PM
Range Rover

I know that but the dealers around here ride the bikes in and out everyday they are open and would you want a bike that everytime it was started it was run wide open for 1 minute then cut off. depending on how many days it is there that is a lot of motor damage. I have seen this at more than 3 dealers. when they get them out and put them up they ride them as fast as they can to put them in the shop area. not a long ride but very hard on a cold motor that never gets to operating temp.

Quick Reply: Can you get new ATV in crate ?