Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

4x4 for the wife

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 for the wife

I am getting a Grizz in the near future. My wife wants an ATV to go to Moab with me. I was thinking about a wolverine for her. She has 0 experience on an ATV except for my 250es. I want to get her a 4x4 and preferably a yamaha. Is the wolverine too sporty? Would she better off with a big bear or something a little more utility? She said if I get to play in the mud then she wants to too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-15-2004, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 4x4 for the wife

I've ridden a wolverine for too many years to remember and its time for a new bike. As for your wife I think its a great bike for starters. Its smaller the then big bear and even though the height difference is minimal you feel much high on the big bear then you do the wolverine. Being a women myself it was a great bike to grow comfortable with. I never felt out of control and never felt under powered. I have put this bike places people told me it couldn't go. Its an awesome bike for tight turns, handles rougher terrain and I've never had any disappointments in the mud. Maintenance has been almost nothing and I've ridden this bike hard for the past two years. My bike when I retire it this year is going to a friends wife she's never ridden. I can't say enough for this bike and it manufacturer. It has been an awsome ride and I would recommend it to anyone for a starter bike.

P.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 for the wife

My wife says "It's a great bike if you don't mind getting muddy"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Trailblazer
Default 4x4 for the wife

a wolverine is full-time 4x4 which might be kinda hard to steer

Old 03-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Trailblazer
Default 4x4 for the wife

i would go with a kodiak 400 4x4- it is automatic which is really nice for going and stopping- ecspecially if you have 0 expirience- you can switch it in and out of 4wd which is nice- it steers easy- it will go through mud like nothin- ive been in some DEEP Shtuff with mine and have only gotten stuck once- ( you gotta pull her out sometimes and let her know whos boss- LOL) it is great, i enjoy mine alot- and its a yamaha- ( GIT R DONE lol larry cracks me up) good luck

Old 03-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 for the wife

The Kodiak might be more rider friendly with the auto tranny but the Wolverine is definitely not hard to steer. My wife weighs 100lbs and can steer our bike with ease.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 for the wife

the wolverine is a great machine and i am amazed at the places it goes. ( helps with 25inch tires)
it has been reliable and dosnt steer hard at all. the wolverine will do anything a big bear will execpt the bb will tow better.

Trending Topics

Old 03-25-2004, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 for the wife

I agree on Kodiak. The selectable 4x4 is really nice. They turn extremely sharp and the stearing is lite. Depending on how fancy you want this bike the 400 should do fine. The 450 give you basically the same atv with a bigger motor, diff lock and digital display and Hi/Low range. If you really don't care about these thing then the 400 is the answer. Also the Kodiak's seat is very comfortable. I put the fender extender and floor board extenders and that took care of the mud problem. Before I couldn't do anything without getting covered in mud. So basically about 1 hr into the drive I was already wet.

Old 03-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 for the wife

Oh almost forgot WyoBullRydr I like you do the dew icon. :-)

Old 03-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 for the wife

a wolverine is full time 4x4 it might be a little hard to steer

if you install a warn 424 you can tak it out of 4 wheel drive. i think they are like 250 bucks.

Quick Reply: 4x4 for the wife