Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

What should I buy???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 09:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I buy???

First of all I have to excuse my english.sending this from Sweden.
I am looking for something fun on four wheels. I have a farm in Sweden and some land. But I need something more then my old ATV. Thinking of something fast and it has to work where it`s tight,and on hills. Not to forget the jumps. What maschine should I look closer on????
And does anyone know the best way to export a atv from USA to Sweden?
Got a tip of a Bombardier Baja 650
In the garage: Honda cr 250-97, Suzuki 300 atv
I am 178cm,70 kg
Greetings Fredrik 28year

Old 03-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would find out whats availible to you first by checking with importers and dealers. Once you have that information, you can make a choice. Importing an atv is very expensive and would not be worth the hassle if you can get another brand nearby.

Old 03-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

well obviously depending on what you can get your hands on, I would go for the yamaha banshee or Yamaha yfz450, they both have plenty of power and the banshee has been around for so long that it has many choices for modifications!!

hope I helped
if you have any ?s private message me

Old 03-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry Yamachevy.....I need to take exception. The Banshee is a 2-stroke, and two-strokes seem to be on their way out due to emissions issues. As for the YFZ-450, that doesn't have reverse.....so unless Yamaha puts reverse on it next year, I'd stay away from that too. If buying this year, I'd go with the Warrior. Its a fast, tough, and time tested 350cc, with reverse. Although it may be phased out soon for the YFZ-450. So my answer is either a Warrior this year, or the YFZ next year if they add reverse. Of course if you want all out speed, the Raptor is the way to go....I'm obvously a fan of Yamaha, although I'm currently looking at the Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: AirWarrior
Sorry Yamachevy.....I need to take exception. The Banshee is a 2-stroke, and two-strokes seem to be on their way out due to emissions issues. As for the YFZ-450, that doesn't have reverse.....so unless Yamaha puts reverse on it next year, I'd stay away from that too. If buying this year, I'd go with the Warrior. Its a fast, tough, and time tested 350cc, with reverse. Although it may be phased out soon for the YFZ-450. So my answer is either a Warrior this year, or the YFZ next year if they add reverse. Of course if you want all out speed, the Raptor is the way to go....I'm obvously a fan of Yamaha, although I'm currently looking at the Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4.
Whoah, hold on there. First of all, the banshee is one of the most proven machines in history. 2 strokes may be on their way out in the US, but he lives in SWEDEN. Read the post first. Second, the yfz is the best sport bike on the market. Race machines dont have reverse. If you really feel you need reverse, a kawisukicat 400 is a much better choice than a warrior or rap 350.

Fribblon, the Bombardier is a good machine, but it is much wider and larger than most other sport machines. If you are going to be riding in tight areas, it may be too big.

Here are some options for you to look at.

Suzuki Z400
Kawasaki KFX 400
Arctic Cat DVX 400
Honda 400EX
Honda 450R
Polaris Predator
Yamaha Banshee
Yamaha Raptor
Yamaha YFZ 450

These are all excellent bikes that are lots of fun to ride. Prices range from 5699 to 6899 MSRP in US Dollars. Like I said though, see if there are some local importers of these machines first before you decide. A dealership that imports motorcycles or generators or industrial equipment or any other kind of machine from one of these manufacturers might be able to get a hold of one of these atv's for you, or at least tell you where you can start to look.

Old 03-21-2004, 01:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought the yfz450 and love it on the track that we built in my back yard along with the tight trails that we have here. It seems to handle really well and not have a problem with hills either I live on a pretty steep one. Just a suggestion. My husband got one to replace his banshee and one to replace my raptor. they are all good machines depending on what you want it for.

Old 03-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks! My american friends.. I maby get back to you when I have decided what to look closer on.
Greetings Fredrik

Old 03-21-2004, 09:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello! Just have to tell you all that Sweden is not a fun country to live in, got a price from a dealer here in S. Yamaha YFZ 450: 13200 US dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I have done the mathematics correctly.
Please help me. What should I do? It cant cost as much as the quad to get it to this forgotten Sweden.
It doesn`t feel right to spend 6300 US dollar just to get it here......
I have decided, I will have the yamaha yfz 450 to almost any price. Almost.
What should I do...

Old 03-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

For $6,000 you could probably move to the USA and become an American citizen.

Good luck,

Steve

Old 03-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Fribblon
What does a liter of gas cost over there? It's $1.79/gallon here which would equal 47.21 cents/liter in US Dollars.