Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Grizzly for $6675.00 OTD ???SCAM??? Loveland,CO.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004 | 09:40 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Grizzly for $6675.00 OTD ???SCAM???

I have a contact that says his best friend has the largest dealership for Yammy's in the nation and he can get the Grizz's at whole sale, add $300.00 and deliver it to me for the added gas from Denver to Cheyenne. The deal is, I have to pay for it first and he will deliver it when it comes in (3/4 days). I called the guy myself and he sounds pretty legit. This is about 1000 cheaper than I can get it anywhere else. What do you guys think? I don't have an extra 6 g's laying around.

Old 06-15-2004 | 06:10 PM
Range Rover

1) Tell the dealer to send you the paperwork indicating every penny he is charging.
2) Tell him that upon receipt of the paperwork you will get a Cashier's check for the amount due made out to him by the bank.
3) Fax him a copy of the Cashiers check made out to him, invite him to call the bank to confirm the check's authenticity (provide him numbers and contacts at the bank, also, let the bank know that he will/may be calling and to be ready to provide information to him.
4) Tell him you will exchange check for title and other paperwork when he brings the quad.
5) Don't forget to verify the title VIN vs the machine's VIN at exchange time.

DONE ... simple deal really. If a businessman won't do business under those terms, DON'T DEAL WITH HIM !!!

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-19-2004 | 12:48 AM
|
Pro Rider

I called him tonight and he said he has plenty of references and the safest way to do it will be to get a wire transfer from my bank to his. That way, I know where the money is and it can be tracked. I am sceptical by nature and don't know if I am being too paranoid. The local dealer says the cheapest he can give it to me is $6900.00 beofe taxes which is another 400.00. I am going to call my bank tomorrow and see what the safest way to do this would be.

Old 06-21-2004 | 10:05 AM
Trailblazer
Default Grizzly for $6675.00 OTD ???SCAM??? Loveland,CO.

Mind if i use your do the dew clip?
Thanks
Marcus
99' Grizz 600
97' Big Bear 350
01' Banshee

Old 06-21-2004 | 04:55 PM
Range Rover

What he means about the wire transfer is it is the SAFEST for HIM, and by far the most risky for you. See the second post, if he won't do business based on safety for both of you, DON'T DEAL WITH HIM. Once that money is transferred, it is out of your control, you can only sue to get it back, which won't work if there's a problem with his integrity (not that there is).

Any valid businessman will do an equal exchange like I explained in the 2nd post.

Did you propose the solution I showed you, and he refused??? If he refused I'd look elsewhere. The question is, are you willing to risk a few hundred dollars more by buying closer vs. a totally unknown deal?? I know I wouldn't. THere's absolutely no risk to him using the proposed method I suggested.

REVHIGH !!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2004 | 05:46 PM
Trailblazer

I know a guy who use to work at the dealership. According to him, most atvs are marked up 17%. I just closed a deal today on a 05 Grizzly for $6900 OTD. I saw his figures and they priced me 5% over cost.

Having said that, if he wont go by your terms, look elsewhere. I d rather spend an extra couple hundred and get a quad, then to send $7k and get nothing. If hes the largest dealer in the nation, how come he doesnt have one in stock? Call Yamaha and see if hes really a dealership and if they have any problems or complaints on him. How far is he from you? If you re going thru a bank, have the bank send the money and ask for the title. How good a friend told you about this "best friend"? If they are such "best friends", have the friend hold the money until the atv arrives and then send it or have the atv deliveried to the friends house.

Brad

Old 06-22-2004 | 06:47 PM
|
Pro Rider

I go tomorrow to pick up my new Grizzly. I am getting it for 7200 OTD from a real dealership in Laramie, WY. It will cost me 500 more than the other "deal". But, since he didn't propose the deal that would be safer for me, I thought it was bad business. I am sure I will be much happier, and I don't have to wait for a few days to get it. Thanks for all of your responces. I appreciate it. Thanks, TW And yes, if you want that icon, feel free, I got it from badassbuddys.bolt.com they are hilariouse.