Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

polaris700twin vs. grizzley660 vs. rincon vs. kawi. brute force vs. suzuki kingquad700

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004 | 04:58 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default polaris700twin vs. grizzley660 vs. rincon vs. kawi. brute force vs. suzuki kingquad700

like i said what if im in a tight twisty spot goign over rocks whle my tires are muddy see thats when u dont want diff lock unless u cant get over it with limited slip[ cuz u wont be able to jerk the steering in moments notice ok so ur tellin me in this situation the polaris kicks in to diff lock well i dont know about othere ppl but i would wantmy bike in diff lock everytime it starts to slip any i mean thats kinda stpid on polariss part i mean why dont they just go ahead and put diff lock on there bikes like every other manufacturer the deal is ur polaris dealers have told you all stuff to get to buy them now all of you guys think that ur bikes will go where diff locked bikes will go and thats not true beleive me we found this out in a rutted out mudhole that went into rocks and there was 4 guys that had polaris that was with us and the only one that could even make it through the rutted out hole with out being winchedout was the 700twin

Old 07-18-2004 | 06:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default polaris700twin vs. grizzley660 vs. rincon vs. kawi. brute force vs. suzuki kingquad700

[quote]
Originally posted by: kingofthemudholes

i never wanted this post to be in buying a quad some stupid moderator moves it i was wanting to know aht everynody ahd and how good do they do in those situations thats y i posted it in every manufacturer not buying a quad this is the stupidest thing i ahve seen a moderator do is move a post that make perfect sence whwere it was at[/q

READ THE FORUM RULES!!!! http://forums.atvconnection.com/faq.cfm

What are the forum rules?

1. No commercial Advertising. No posting of commercial web addresses, phone numbers or links in either forum messages, private forum messages or in the author's signature. No use of company names in forum author nicknames or any type of solicitation for commercial business or gain.
2. Classified Ads are not permitted in the forums. Please use
http://classifieds.atvconnection.com
3. Duplicate Messages--please don't post the same message more than once and in multiple forums.
4. Posting of messages using all capital letters is considered impolite and should be avoided.
5. Offensive author icons are not permitted.
6. No posting of copyrighted material.
7. Posts should be ATV related.

If you can't follow forum rules then thats when we need to step in and take action, like removing your other 4 threads on the SAME subject.

Old 07-18-2004 | 06:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

like i said what if im in a tight twisty spot goign over rocks whle my tires are muddy see thats when u dont want diff lock unless u cant get over it with limited slip[ cuz u wont be able to jerk the steering in moments notice ok so ur tellin me in this situation the polaris kicks in to diff lock well i dont know about othere ppl but i would wantmy bike in diff lock everytime it starts to slip any i mean thats kinda stpid on polariss part i mean why dont they just go ahead and put diff lock on there bikes like every other manufacturer the deal is ur polaris dealers have told you all stuff to get to buy them now all of you guys think that ur bikes will go where diff locked bikes will go and thats not true beleive me we found this out in a rutted out mudhole that went into rocks and there was 4 guys that had polaris that was with us and the only one that could even make it through the rutted out hole with out being winchedout was the 700twin
Please learn how to use grammer and when to put a freaking period in a sentence!!! That was horrible to try and read!!!

Now, 4wheelerfred is correct. The Polaris doesnt have "diff lock" nor does it need a lever pulled or a button pushed to lock the front. The front diff is a spool. There is no "differential" in that sense. What happens is when you have the 4wd switch on, you are still in 2wd until the rear tires slip 1/5 more than the front. At that point, the front hubs lock the front axels to the wheel. This gives you TRUE 4wd. Meaning that ALL 4 TIRES SPIN!!!!! Once you regain traction, it disengages. This allows for very easy steering when in 4wd, also less stress on the drivetrain, and instant traction right when you need it. No need to stop to enage it. This system has been around for MANY years. Long before all the other manufactures though of putting "diff lock" on their machines. It is a very effcient and very well proven system that works great and instantly. And yes, the Polaris quads will go where other machines (especially hondas) could only dream of going. And this is not BS that "my dealer told me". These are FACTS........

Old 07-18-2004 | 08:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

apsolutely !!!!!!!!!best mudder is a polaris no doubt about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2004 | 09:58 PM
|
Pro Rider

ok, heres th deal my english professor! The way you put it makes it sound like a lot to tear up and you say way before other manufacturers. Well suzuki had diff lock in 1991 when polaris was junk. I admit polaris has proven to there selfs to be a great quad. But, they do not have true diff lock. They might have a sencor. Beleive me when you have diff lock it is a bear to steer ask anyone with a king quad or grizzley. So my question still stands what if your in a real slippery rocky situation that has moment notice turns to stay out of deep ruts and this thing is clicking in and out of 4wd? Well that dont sound to good on your transmisson. One more question. What is up with there exhaust? I mean thats not a bad thing im sure,but you have to say it looks funny. I'm not here to bash polaris i guess i am just curious and i didn't knw as much about them as i thought!

p.s. I tried to clear that up 4 you where maybe the english teacher would give ma an a+!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2004 | 10:02 PM
|
Pro Rider

also,bigbadscrambler why didnt you just delete some of them and not all of them and move it? i mean you could have left the first one i posted. However thanks for pointing out that rule for me i never knew about that.

Old 07-19-2004 | 12:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

also,bigbadscrambler why didnt you just delete some of them and not all of them and move it? i mean you could have left the first one i posted. However thanks for pointing out that rule for me i never knew about that.
Can't answer that for you, as I was not the one that did it. I am sure that whom ever did felt that this thread was more appropriate in this forum as it covers 5 brands. I can move it to the Utility quads forum if that would make you feel better?

Old 07-19-2004 | 12:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

ok, heres th deal my english professor! The way you put it makes it sound like a lot to tear up and you say way before other manufacturers. Well suzuki had diff lock in 1991 when polaris was junk. I admit polaris has proven to there selfs to be a great quad. But, they do not have true diff lock. They might have a sencor. Beleive me when you have diff lock it is a bear to steer ask anyone with a king quad or grizzley. So my question still stands what if your in a real slippery rocky situation that has moment notice turns to stay out of deep ruts and this thing is clicking in and out of 4wd? Well that dont sound to good on your transmisson. One more question. What is up with there exhaust? I mean thats not a bad thing im sure,but you have to say it looks funny. I'm not here to bash polaris i guess i am just curious and i didn't knw as much about them as i thought!

p.s. I tried to clear that up 4 you where maybe the english teacher would give ma an a+!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
B+. I could actually read it this time and make out phrases[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

I don't know why you can't understand this, but Polaris DOES NOT HAVE DIFF LOCK!!! IT IS A SPOOL!!! You have to have a differential to have diff lock!!! The Polaris's have a "front gearbox".............A SPOOL!!!The hubs are what controls the engagement of the front drive system..............NOT THE "DIFF"! And the front hubs have NOTHING to do with the transmission, as it is always powering the front drive shaft. The transmission is either forward, neutral, or reverse. Nota to do witht he 4wd. And believe me, you know when the front drive kicks in because it IS a bear to steer. That is EXACTLY why the system was designed the way it ways. Do you honestly believe that if this system did not work, that it would be around for almost a decade??????? Hmmmmmmm.................. Let me ask you this, how much seat time do you have on Polaris machines? Honestly now? If you were telling the truth, then you would know that the 4wd engagement is seemless. And now the exhaust? You have stooped the level that you now need to criticize the design of the exhaust? Are you serious????

Old 07-19-2004 | 01:40 PM
|
Pro Rider

well i will be honest i have had about 5 minutes seat time and i guess ur right like i said i havnt had a chance to really get one in the rufff. but heyyou have a point they have sold a lot and they have proven there selves and i wasnt criticizng the exhaust i was wondering what was the reason fo it to look like it does and chill out like i posted last i said i guess i didnt know as much as i thought. But hey I do now.

Old 08-22-2004 | 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

brute force!

Quick Reply: polaris700twin vs. grizzley660 vs. rincon vs. kawi. brute force vs. suzuki kingquad700