Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

atv in the crate.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 02:39 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv in the crate.

Originally posted by: Bing

Chad

They come in crates half that size.

The wheels, bars, possibly some suspension connections and tuning. 4 hours? Maybe if you had 2 lunch breaks, 3 bathroom stops, a dozen smoke breaks, and a few phone calls.
Bing, That sounds like a typical American worker's 1st hour at work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Gotta love those union workers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2004, 02:54 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Chad

The wheels, bars, possibly some suspension connections and tuning. 4 hours? Maybe if you had 2 lunch breaks, 3 bathroom stops, a dozen smoke breaks, and a few phone calls.
Bing, That sounds like a typical American worker's 1st hour at work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Gotta love those union workers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
unfortunately,,,,,its true more times than not

Old 09-13-2004, 03:01 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Chad

unfortunately,,,,,its true more times than not
Yes, sad, but true[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing I saw at a dealership on a list of charges for a new quad was " licence and registration fee -- $70.00" I asked him , where do you go to get this done, it's about 20 bucks at the DMV to get that done. Stealer said, well, uh, most people don't have time for the hassle of doing that, so we do it for them. Ya, for a 50 buck ( and sometimes more ) charge !!! He got a little ticked when I pointed that out, If you take a look at the bill for a new quad, I'd bet there are a lot of little "hidden" charges you could get taken off if you look him in the eye and told him right to his face.

Old 09-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Range Rover

RescueDiver & Bing - can we skip, or at least lighten up, on the union bashing, please guys ? I'm unaware of ANY atv/cycle dealership that is 'union', so those high dealer charges might be better attributed to 'excessive capitalism' maybe. Even if you guys are speaking from 'been there-done that' first hand experience, you're casting a very bad light on many hardworking journeyman craftpersons who's average entire day might not include YOUR 1st hour 'perks' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Quad Patrol

Craneman, It was all in jest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We can only wish the unions were that powerful[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Range Rover

Okay [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img], and in the construction trades there are sometimes very slack days, but not enough to balance out the 10-14+ hour days when you might have to 'eat on the run' and it's near impossible to even get to the 'comfort station' for a nature call [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]. What too many casual observers never realize when they see idle-looking workers at a jobsite(best example-public roadways) is that the (federal, state, city/county) government inspector has brought everything to a dead standstill while doing whatever tests & checks before he'll give his 'blessing' & work can continue. Gotta love big brother - where would we all be without him to look out for us ?!?!?!?

Old 09-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to work for a company that setup new bikes and quads.

The quads came pretty much assembled. Usually the front shocks were off, the lower bolt on the rear shock off, the skidplate off, the handlebars were assembled but hung down on the side, the front brake master was bolted to one of the handlebar mounts to keep it level (to avoid a leak).

Some had the tires already on em but vacummed to conserve space.

They don't come totally disassembled like some have thought.

I could put together 22 Blasters, a couple of dirt bikes and a gold wing in an 8 hour day.....W/o stripping any bolts.

Old 09-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

I brought my YFZ home in the crate. Signed a piece of paper saying that they weren't liable for wheels falling off and the the other items that I put on.There's really not alot to assemble(wheels,bars,front shocks and skids).I bought mine this way because I had all new aftermarket suspension,wheels,tires,steering stem and bars that were going on it anyway so it saved me a little disassembly time.Warranty on everything else wasn't affected