Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

suzuki 4 wheeler

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suzuki 4 wheeler

My friend want my advice on a suzuki four wheeler she is a non rider that wants transporation here in the Dom. Rep. we have found a nice suzuki. I am a two wheel rider of over twenty years. I don't know much about four wheelers. The automatic five speeds gives me some concern. Is my concern justified? Please any info. Is appreciated. We are missionaries here and don't have money to waste. Parts and Maintenance could also be a problem.... thanks Ray

Old 09-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!
Default suzuki 4 wheeler

Ray- we need a little more info from you. What year is the Suzuki? What kind of Suzuki is it? I wouldn't worry about the 5 speed auto clutch. They are usually pretty reliable. Suzuki is a reliable brand atv. They have been around for years. Anyway, give us all the info you can get about the quad and I'am sure you will get some very informative replies. Also did you happen to try the search? Keep up the good work in spreading God's word!!

Old 09-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default suzuki 4 wheeler

It appears to be, ( by what I could see on the internet) to be a 155cc Quad. year 2003, it is two wheel drive and has flotation tires.. They don"t have a lot of info on it here. I have done enough research I am no longer conserned about the bike itself. I am looking into parts here on the island if something does go wrong... That is always a concern with anything we buy. They often charge us as much as a item cost in import fees if we have to have it shipped in.... What part of Mo. are you in I was commissioned as a missionary out of Neosho, Mo. I have some great friends there and miss the weekend gospel sings... Blessings Ray

Old 09-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default suzuki 4 wheeler

sounds like the lt 160. they are nice quads. i have the older LT 185 and they are great and mine is still running and it is a 85 . how much does the guy want for it.

Old 09-18-2004, 08:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default suzuki 4 wheeler

Pro Rider thanks for the info. I think from the research that I did it is the 160 quad, they are asking about 2200,00 US for it and that is a good price here. We have so many bikes and here. It is a main source of transportation. Mostly small my 225 Yamaha Serow is one of the biggest. They do retain there price. I saw on the internet that the quad sold new for about 2700.00 US. It is just like new the engine or pipes do not have any heat coloration. I checked for leaks because of it sitting a lot and all seems to be in great shape. I have not talked to my friend for a few days, I think she bought it on Friday. Thanks again for you help. Blessings Ray