Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

MID SIZED ATV

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MID SIZED ATV

Sorry, I picked up on his sig file he was riding a Warrior... I don't necessarily agree with the Warrior dog statement though... but I guess you have to consider what you are comparing it too. If you say you are comparing it to a YZF450, a Raptor 660, or a new TRX450.. then yeah.. you are right... But you put a new Raptor 350 on a woodland trail where top speed is not an issue, and it will hold it's own quite nicely.

I have both an old warrior and a Raptor 660, and I have to tell you, for trail riding, in the woods, I prefer the warrior to the Raptor 660 because of the way it makes the power and it's handling. The 660 is a little tippy, and the power is more conducive to top speed runs, while the Warrior's handling is a big more secure feeling when you are doing a lot of tight twisties between trees.. and it uses what power it makes very well without excessive tire spin. The new improved Raptor 350 should build upon that platform quite nice.. and with the larger carb, different shock package, updated tires and new bodywork, it should perform even better.

If I had the room in my shed, I'd have a new one in there. But the Mrs would be skinning me alive if I were to do that..... besides, I am saving up for a Rhino....