Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Selling ATV have a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling ATV have a couple questions

I'm going to be selling my Raptor and i've never sold an ATV before and i was going to ask you guys if there are any do's and don'ts and things to watch out for with buyers.

I don't have a title just the bill of sale stuff from the dealer. Shouldn't it have a title? or do i need one to sell it?

Thanks.

Old 03-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

I take it the raptor is not paid off? The bank that holds your financing will keep the title till its paid off. If its not you can sell it and pay off the loan to get the new owner the title. Just be careful if you sell it online, there are guys that try to run scams like they will send you this big check, pickup your quad and tell you to send the remaining amount back to them, but the checks are fake and they leave you with nothing. Search around these forums a little to get a better idea of the scams, other then that you should be ok! Good luck selling it..

Old 03-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Black Raptor,

Not all states require you to register to get a title, so no you will not necessarily have a title for it. I just purchased a used Grizzly and the owner gave me the "Certificate of Origin" from Yamaha. That is all I need to register it. This however, is more than just a "bill of sale" from the dealer.

As for the scams mentioned above, most state that they are overseas. This is always a tip-off. Just politely decline their offer and move on. Nothing good to be had there.

Also, state that you will only accept cash in the purchase, i.e. no checks of any kind including cashiers. This may help keep some of the scammers at bay.

Don

Old 03-21-2005, 04:05 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: sdsdv10 Also, state that you will only accept cash in the purchase, i.e. no checks of any kind including cashiers. This may help keep some of the scammers at bay
OK to accept checks if you give your bank time to clear it prior to the person taking possession.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info guys.

The Raptor is paid off so the banking stuff won't be a problem.

I think there's a Certificate of Origin card of some sort in the front of the Yamaha book i'll have to look tonight