Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

250r = fast +powerful???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250r = fast +powerful???

[i]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
DW posts the winners of the Professional races, this is what 2fun was referring to.[/quote]

Yes, that is what I was referring to.
I don't think they can skew the results, and winners. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: maddog56

DW posts the winners of the Professional races, this is what 2fun was referring to.
Yeah well if you go back and read my post I said I agree with him...........I just added a comment/opioion about dirtwheels magazine..... I'm sorry if I offended you maddog56, I realize you think dirtwheels is the ultimate source of atv information.....
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 10:16 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: 2fun
Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Originally posted by: 2fun
I agree the 250Rs dominated the MX tracks for years, and I'm not talking oval tracks either.

All you have to do is go back to older issues of Dirtwheels and others (2-3 years and older) too see what the people on the podiums were winning with.

To say a 250R doesn't belong on an MX track is, sorry, but hillarious.

I believe my eyes, not Dirtwheels. Thinking your 250r can hang with the 450's is what's hillarious. Funny how they are so fast but can't even manage the holeshot around here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Who said anything about the 450's???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
I believe you were talking about the 400EX in your last posts.

The 450's, well thats another story. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
"Doesn't" is present tense.

And when did I say the 250's don't belong on the track? Somebody has to lose.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im kind of on both sides of this argument, but I see where both sides is coming from. I think 250r's was king of the track for many years and will always be remembered for that. But when you guys are talking about 250r's winning all the time in the pro's, ummm, well don't you guys understand that in the pro class ALL THERE WAS, WAS 250R'S?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] LOL, I mean come on guys, really.

If we are talking pro ranks, 250R's and 400ex's were in 2 different classes before the pro production class. So there was 2 different winner's for a period of time.

As far as amature ranks, I don't doubt mildly built 400ex's are beating mildly built 250r's. Why? A amature rider typically is faster on a tamer bike that is easier to ride, same thing with dirtbikes. Most amatures are going with the thumpers and they go faster cause they are easier to ride. But you put a good rider on a 2-smoke and he will be just as fast.

So yeah, I think today on local tracks 400ex's are beating 250r's just because of inexperienced racers. A 250r can still be a very competitive machine, but you have 20 g's total in a R, and put about 10 g's total in a 450 and have a good match up for half the cost. Plus the 450 will be easier to ride.

Just my 26 cents

Old 04-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Hey I know, lets compare apples to oranges![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: enFORCER
Originally posted by: maddog56

DW posts the winners of the Professional races, this is what 2fun was referring to.
Yeah well if you go back and read my post I said I agree with him...........I just added a comment/opioion about dirtwheels magazine..... I'm sorry if I offended you maddog56, I realize you think dirtwheels is the ultimate source of atv information.....
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I didnt say you disagreed with him, I just said he was using DW for the Pro class winner information not their editorial views. Next time you try to take a shot at me dont use a sentiment that I never expressed. Its not my fault you cant read.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

LOL!!!! No maddog56 YOU need to learn how to read!!!!! And if you ever do learn to read, click on the forum rules....... You need to stop peddling your ipods, and other crap on here!!!!

Old 04-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Once again your inability to properly understand the English language has presented itself. Its not for commercial advertisement or gain, they just dont want you giving free advertising to businesses.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Maddog56, once again you have set aside time to humiliate yourself in a public forum.... Have you ever click on one of your links???? They look commercial to me.....

Old 04-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Lets try this again...

No use of company names in forum author nicknames or any type of solicitation for commercial business or gain.

The website is commercial, yes. But the business and gain are going to me, not the website. Its not commercial advertising, because its for me.

You know I had this stuff up last summer and no one seemed to care. I eventually took it down since no one was signing up for it. I put it back up a little while ago when a bunch of people got into it again. Now that it has died off I had thought of removing it again. But with all the crap you and a few other members have given me about it, I'm keeping it up just for spite at this point. So maybe if you would have been a decent and civil person and not run your mouth about it, it would be gone by now.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 250r = fast +powerful???