Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

NO TITLES!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO TITLES!!!!

I have an awesome chance to buy TWO yamahas one is a 350 raptor and the other is a 700 raptor. They are both 06's. The only bad thing about them is that they have NO TITLES with them. I know it will be worth it to buy them but i am nervous about not having the titles with them. What do you guys think i should do?

Old 04-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default NO TITLES!!!!

You need some proof of ownership...have the vin #'s checked too...otherwise they can be confiscated and won't be worth chit for trade in or sale later..

Old 04-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default NO TITLES!!!!

Definitely get the vin#s checked. Check to see if you can file for a lost title.

Then get a bill of sale with all of their information on it. Take pictures of it, if you can, get them in the picture too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default NO TITLES!!!!

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Definitely get the vin#s checked. Check to see if you can file for a lost title.

Then get a bill of sale with all of their information on it. Take pictures of it, if you can, get them in the picture too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Thats what i was thinking of doing if they dont get the titles. Do you think that if I get it and have a bill of sale I will be ok?

Old 04-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default NO TITLES!!!!

I would ask that the bill of sale have their driver license numbers on it as well. The more info on there the better. Just so if they do turn out to be stolen, you are better equipped to track them down. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NO TITLES!!!!

I'd be finding out just why two '06 models don't have titles before I spent any money. They've not been around long enough to take tracking down their origin too hard. If the current owner can't provide the paperwork - run away.

Or you could always take the VIN's to the cops and have them run the numbers.

Jaybee

Old 04-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default NO TITLES!!!!

They probally didnt pay there personal property tax on them so didnt get the titles sent back with there name on them and now for them to get them they would have to pay the tax plus penalties. States are trying to crack down on people not paying the tax but its hard since you dont license them. Just beware if get and cant get a lost title, dealers wont take anymore on trade without a title and getting more and more where individuals wont either espesially on something that new.

Laws are different by state but only 2 reasons would be gone already here is not paid taxes or stolen

Old 04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default NO TITLES!!!!

Do you guys think that if i get a good bill of sale with the vin numbers and get a title from the dealer ship it was bought from maybe???

Old 04-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NO TITLES!!!!

If you talk to the dealership where they were purchased and verify that you can get a title through them, then fine. Otherwise a BOS is not going to mean very much if the bikes are stolen. All it will do is protect you from getting arrested for theft, but you'll still loose the bikes.

Jaybee

Old 04-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default NO TITLES!!!!

Well what if I get the vin # checked out and it comes back clean? What I think is goin on is that the guy has a loan out on them and the bank has the titles and maybe wont let the titles go without paying on the loan...

Quick Reply: NO TITLES!!!!