Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

ProCycleUsa, good place to buy a quad??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProCycleUsa

Hello,

I am looking to get a new sport quad and found ProCycleUsa on the net. Their prices are extremely low and it makes me wonder if they are for real. I have heard from people on other forums that they run a shady business. I am wanting to know if any of you guys/gals have done business with them and how the transaction went. Thanks for any info!! First post wahoo!

Old 11-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default ProCycleUsa, good place to buy a quad??

I bought a KingQuad from them in June. No problem at all. I called and spoke to them about the price I saw posted on their web site and to make sure they had what I wanted in stock, wrote down the name of the person I spoke to, and printed a copy of the internet ad to take with me. The prices they post are for real. When I got there I tried to negotiate a package deal for several hundred dollars worth of Suzuki accessories such as alumiinum skid plates, winch, etc. to go with the bike. They would not come off of the retail price of the accessories at all. I left with the bare bike because I knew I could save money ordering the accessories off of the internet.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: SawHugger
I bought a KingQuad from them in June. No problem at all. I called and spoke to them about the price I saw posted on their web site and to make sure they had what I wanted in stock, wrote down the name of the person I spoke to, and printed a copy of the internet ad to take with me. The prices they post are for real. When I got there I tried to negotiate a package deal for several hundred dollars worth of Suzuki accessories such as alumiinum skid plates, winch, etc. to go with the bike. They would not come off of the retail price of the accessories at all. I left with the bare bike because I knew I could save money ordering the accessories off of the internet.
Thanks for the info SawHugger. People on other forums have said that they went to the dealership and they wouldn't honor the internet price and gave them the run around. I live in Topeka, Ks and I dont want to drive all the way there only to find that the deal is bunk. I'm looking at a Honda 450R and the local dealers want more than a $1000 differnce plus tax. I'm all about supporting local business but that is a lot of money.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Just in case....before you take the drive, give the local dealer the opportunity to match the price. I was considering buying from 1000 miles away and having a quad shipped. I showed my dealer the quote and he came down more than $1500 immediately. They've got some room to move, but aren't going to give money away just because you ask.

Old 12-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Trailblazer

you might try www.bartlesvillecyclesports.com there north of tulsa oklahoma. i saved $600.00 there. had to drive 2 hours verses the 5 minutes across town to the local dealer but it was a nice day. me and my son spent the time talking about atv's and stuff. plus we got to see a differant dealer that we probably wouldnt have seen other wise. we bought a 07 trx 90 black with flames.

Old 12-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: scamutz
Just in case....before you take the drive, give the local dealer the opportunity to match the price. I was considering buying from 1000 miles away and having a quad shipped. I showed my dealer the quote and he came down more than $1500 immediately. They've got some room to move, but aren't going to give money away just because you ask.
Yeah, but if you don't buy from the local guy...be warned about returning to them for anything.....I have heard many horror stories on here

Old 12-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Trailblazer

squeege, im having a hard time with youre answer. what exactly do you mean?

Trending Topics

Old 12-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

i bought a 05 trx500 foreman 2x4 there in april. $3750.00 otd that was a internet only deal and had to bring the printed ad.the dealer tried to jack me for 250.00 dollars saying the honda rebate had expired in between the time i left my deposit and the time i picked up the machine. i ended up standing around about 1.5 hrs. while they supposedly played phone tag with the head sales guy who was out of town and this was a saturday. if i had not driven 170 miles i would have took the big knot of 100 $ bills and left. but i ended up getting the deal. the suckers only put in a gallon of gas!! and i could detect bad attitude as i was completeing the paperwork. i would stay away if i had to do it again. i bought a suzuki eiger at unique powersports in sullivan mo. for the exact same price 3750.00 otd and they filled it up full of gas and kissed my *** the whole time i was there.that's where i will go back to if the money is close.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I talked to these guys, great prices. Told them i was in a different state, and would like to buy, and have the ATV shipped. They said they wouldn't do it because of dealer regions. So i asked the guy, so i have to be in your store to buy an ATV. YUP.. was the only answer i got. Have any of you heard of this BS.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

Do yourself a favor and never go in there! Ealier this year the Missouri Attorney Generals office sued them on behalf of over 300 consumer complaints. They were fine $200,000 I know cause I got a check for $419, just what they added on after telling me over and over the out the door price. When the deal was closing they like to add a bunch of charges on. They seem to know when your from out of town and drove jsut to get what you came for. I seen in an add where they are changing there name or going out of bussiness.

Quick Reply: ProCycleUsa, good place to buy a quad??