Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Selling my 800MAX need your help...KQ/Rincon/Suggestions????

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my 800MAX need your help...KQ/Rincon/Suggestions????

Hey guys, I know it has been a while since I've posted here but I'm in desperate need of you help. Due to some financial situations as well as some changes to my riding habits I am selling my BRP and looking to get into something cheaper. I bought my BRP with the lust for more power and the need to have my wife ride with me sometimes. Well since I bought it, my wife doesn't like to ride with me, she rides her own ozark, and I don't ride anywhere anymore where I can really use all of the power. So I am in the market again. Since I alreay owned a KQ I pretty much know about that machine. I really like the EFI and the ride. I didn't like the steering twitch and for some reason my machine always felt "tippy" like it was always going to roll sideways on off camber situations. I don't know if that was just my machine or an inherent trait in the KQ. The other thing that made me want to sell the KQ was when I put XTR's on it it felt like it couldn't turn them. I'm not sure if that was the clutching or motor or what but something the bike didn't like. I also have been looking at the Honda Rincon. I know it doesn't have the power that the KQ has but the rep is that it is the most comfortable machine there is for trail riding. That is mostly what I do is slow to moderate speed trail riding. I like to go playing in the water from time to time and sometimes it gets deep. not too much mud up here in CT so thats not much of a consideration. The grizzly 700 has also come up but I'm still not sure I'm sold on the styling of it. So as you can see I'm very confused and any light you guys could bring to assist me would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure i want to stay with a JAP brand and the only real requirements I have is EFI, IRS, and good ride without "tippyness". If anyone here has ridden both and can give a good honest comparo that would help alot. Thanks alot for the help and I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Holiday Season.
Keith

Old 12-22-2006, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd get the Rincon since power is secondary to you. It sounds like you want superior control, handling and ride. None are better than the Rincon.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen. The Rincon sounds like it would be perfect for you.