Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

I want a polaris that can do every thing

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007 | 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default I want a polaris that can do every thing

For Polaris I would say "Ditto" on the Scrammy 500. As for the Sportsmans a 5 would probably do. There is not that much differance in speed more in how long it takes to get there and lo end pull. The 500 will spin all 4 tires in dirt or when pulling something heavy. The Scrambler I do not believe has a lo so will not pull so well.

Old 07-18-2007 | 02:45 PM
|
Trailblazer

I think the scrambler 500 is the one for me. But i want a lil more info on it. so if any one has one tell me are you happy? what are the up's and down's?

Old 07-18-2007 | 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

Wait untill all the 2008 model's at your polaris dealer , then go test ride the one's you're interested in buying , is it that the dealer won't let you test ride the machine's before you give them the money; are have to sign the contract first before you ride? I think you're dreaming if you think you can go out and buy one machine that can do it all , No matter what brand you buy ; i've riode many freind's an relative's that have just about all the big four including Polaris and AC with afew of the 6x6's and i haven't seen one do all the thing's you're looking for from just one machine ! .......................................

Old 07-24-2007 | 02:25 AM
|
Trailblazer

I just seen the polaris 2008 line up and i am not happy with it. But today is still a good day cuz i did find a nice atv that is exactley what im looking for. The CAN-AM RENEGADE 800. But i want a lil more info. The price is high and it will be a long time be 4 i can buy any thing(no $) so i want to know is it worth it ?

Old 07-24-2007 | 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

If i was in the market to buy a new Quad i would go around and try out all the brand's before i bought one , A man who ride's Honda will tell you they're the best , and a Polaris owner will tell you buy Polars and say they're the best , just lkie a Suzuki , Yamaha , Kawasaki or a Artcic Cat man will tell they're the best ! And don't forget to check out the Dealer , check them out as well ( bottom line find a good dealer ) Most Dealer's will treat will you treat you like a king before the sale,, but when it's come time for service and repair's some will ga the extra mile to get any repair work covered under warrantteer ! But there are alot of them who will give great lip service to you about how special you will treated when it come's service and repair , untill something break't and you need repair and service ; it's excuse me but what is you name again ! The dealer that can remember me with out me having to reitroduse myself , and they don't evn remember what quad he sold you ; and after they just did the first the first comeplete service on your new quad they tend to forget who you are and what quad it was you bought from them ! Do some research on the Dealer ( Like the B B B for any complaince of said Dearler ) , and don't just trust what someone say's is the best ; i mean it's your hard erned money here we're talking about ! ( Not just some Tom , Dick or Harry ) that is going to pay the bill's after the sale ; and your signature is signed on the buyer's contract ! I've ony bought 3 quad's myself , the first was a used 1986 Honda TRX 350 Foreman with 20 hour's on it from the Original owner and i kept till November 2005 to my brother who kept begging me to sell it to him , it was the toughest ATV i've ever owned ; built like a sheman tank ! If i had named it i wiuld've called it the Teddy Rossivelt because ( it was rough riding S.O.B. ) everything about it was bullitpruff engine, Semi auto clutch with a true 5 speed geared Transmission ; with a custom built front mount for a 2000 lb SuperWerch and a heavy duty straight axle front end and SRA swing axle rear end with double shocks on the rear ( unlike the Honda Rancher 4x4 with same rear end but only one shock istead of the 2 shock's of the 86' Foreman and my bro ride's it as often as he has the time ! ( His own word;s: it start's with wit the first bump of the starter , no need to use chock in summer and the same thing in the winter with the manual chock on ! It looked rough with crack's in the plastic's when he first got it ! But in less than a month he had torn both the rear fender's off , the right fender was in 3 or 4 peice's ; he took sme pics. and sent the to me via e - mail !!! He started checking on getting new plastic's from a dealer , everyplace he called told him just the rear fender's alone would cost over $250.00 without tail light's and new wiring , he said he like to have crapped in his BVD's when he heard the price and didn;t even ask about the front's ! I told him to go to harbor freight tools in TN and buy a plastic welder , i had seen them in a circular for $19.99 jus a month before ; but i checked and the sale was over by then ; after another a month or so later he drove up there and bought one for $17.99 and bought some extra welding stick's for $5.99 ! He called me from the Harbor Freight Store and asked me what kind of plastic rod's would work for the plastic's on ATV's , i asked him what kind they had he asked one of the sale's staff ; and he started named them one by one i think i told him PVC so he bought three type's because the sale's guy said he wasn't sure ; it turned out to be PVC that worked ! He waited over a month before he had the time to try welding them , but when he finanlly tryed it out ; he came down to my house and told me he burned he whole quad ! But i knew he was trying to pull my leg because i heard the engine when pulled up outside , then he said come out and look ai it , i didn't think thre rear's would've been welded because the right side was in at least 3 or 4 peice's ; i was a little shocked when i saw how well it looked all most like new ! And this was the first time he had ever used a welder , and i told him so ; he said well he tried it out on some PVC panel's he has from when had installed some on this house ; he did a good job and had told him about these welder's for over a year but he didn't think they would be anygood because of the low price !