Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Newbie needs help with choosing a ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs help with choosing a ride

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RickCJ7

Did you check out the Polaris X2? It's the one with the pick up bed that flips into a 2 seater. This is by far 1 of the best all around atvs!

07 Deluxe models, have 2500 winch and Polaris wheels/tires, rear work lights,have ADC, it isn't marked on the switch, physically look to see if it has ADC!, and in 08 ADC is standard and the switch is marked 2wd/AWD/ADC.

The X2 also has turf mode, 1 rear wheel drive to keep from tearing up the yard!

The Polaris with ADC is one of the best 4wd engine braking systems out! Polaris is a very good technical trail ATV! The extra 6" length of the X2 makes it even more stable on hills.

Which ever machine you get, the Deluxe or fancy version is the better bang for the buck! You can't add winches and wheels/tires for the little extra you pay up front.

Get EFI, carbs are obsolete!

Why buy used Griz when for a few $$$ more you can get a better machine with warranty?</end quote></div>

Went to the dealer last night and read the ticket on that 07 and you guys are dead on - it is a deluxe w/ ADC. Could not talk em down any more though but they gave me some numbers (monthly payments etc) to mull about. Wife says to wait until after the holidays but I know this machine will be gone soon. While I was there another buyer for that machine was on the phone with the finance mgr. deciding whether to buy it or not!

Have not looked at or seen an X2 but after what you've said that sounds perfect for my needs - so I'll probably keep looking for one.

I agree about the carbs vs efi, as I have read a few posts on this forum about problems starting and fouling spark plugs etc.

Agree about the used Grizz since they told me a five year ext warranty on a new machine costs the same as a two year on a used...