Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Which would be better buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008 | 03:31 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Which would be better buy?

hey all,
looking to buy new 09 model quad so figure i do my homework now and see wat ppl are saying or think. im thinking between a polaris rzr, kawaski brute force 750i efi, or a can-am 800 max? im sure there probly been a topic like this if there was im sorry just lead me to it.

Old 06-23-2008 | 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

welcome to the forums brad, we would be happy to try and help you make an educated decision on your purchase. Some things that may help us to help you would be what kind of area will you be doing most of your riding in and what kind of riding will you be doing. Will this machine be used more for work or play? will you be plowing snow, hauling wood, trail riding? the more info you give us the easier it makes for us to try and point you in a good direction.

Old 06-23-2008 | 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

What terrain do you ride in?? Do you always ride with someone else?? Do you plan on putting aftermarket parts on it??

Oh, and welcome to the best forum there is...In My Opinion...

Old 06-23-2008 | 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"

You're not by chancing trolling there are you Brad??

You've scoped out three totally different bikes made for three different types of riding. If you're for real than the first step is to figure out what type of quad you're looking for - side-by-side, big bore ATV or two-up. Then start comparing similar madels by various manufacturers.

Jaybee

Old 06-24-2008 | 08:03 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

oh yea i probly should had told you that stuff. well terrain here is southern ohio so we have hills and field some of the trails are old logging trails. it be use mostly for play we rode on all trail around here so now we going off the trail and making our own. for some one riding with me the g/f goes out sometimes with me just figure i put the two up on there figure it be the same as the regular one but maybe im wrong. oh and what is trolling? im serious about these 3

Old 06-24-2008 | 09:05 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"

Trolling is posting on an internet page just to create a response. Usually it's along the lines of someone going to say, the Honda page and posting something bad about Hondas. It's also common for the troll to make the original post, spark some long running debate and never be heard from again. Good to see that you're for real.

If you are looking for one quad for you and the GF, then it's time to research sxs and 2ups. The Razr is just one example of a sxs - most of the major manufacturers have them now. Some are more towards utility than others. Time to get out and see what's available or post in the sxs section for a more specific resonse.

Same with the 2up machines. Polaris, Artic Cat and Can-Am have 2up machines.

Jaybee

Old 06-24-2008 | 10:16 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

alrighty, but i thinking about that rzr bad thing about it is the cage which is for safety but going under low trees it wouldnt be the best thing so i kinda think i should steer away from that for that reason. seems like the brute and can am probly be the two ill have the most hard desicion about. oh and thank of tellin me bout the trolling.

Old 06-24-2008 | 10:57 AM
Moto Psycho

The RZR is only 69 inches tall. It could drive right under some branches that I couldn't walk under without ducking.

Old 06-24-2008 | 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Well if you plan on the G/F riding with you very often I would lean towards the 800max or the RzR, depending on the trails, The brute is a great machine and it would have no problems hauling 2 ppl but it was not designed for 2 up. the 800 is designed for 2up riding. So either would work just depends on the trails you ride.

Old 06-24-2008 | 12:24 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

okay , well i guess i could always strap a chain saw on and cut the tree out of the way.