Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

09 Rincon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Rincon?

I sold a 05 King Quad 700 that I used for trail riding. I was pleased with its performance and reliability. I am now looking for a new four wheeler and considering the Rincon, because I think I would like to get something different. In addition to trail riding, I would use the four wheeler for pulling a 60 inch swisher finish mower on 1.5 acres of grass with a 10 degree slope. I don't need the fastest or quickest quad, but am I going to be slightly, considerably or enormously disappointed with the power difference as compared to the King Quad.

From reading this forum, it sounds like the Rincon (38hp) is way underpowered compared to the KQ750 (49hp), but I thought I read somewhere that they both finished 0-50mph?, or other, and both were timed in the 10 second range?

Your thoughts?

Old 05-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to post your question in the Honda forum, as well.

Even Honda calls the Rincon an SUV...rather than a utility. Its target audience is aging baby boomers, who want a cruiser couch ride, but without the big tall floppy unstable long travel suspension that you will have to deal with from other manufacturers. Several of the magazine reviews have said its ride is the best there is!!!

I wouldn't pick it for either hard work or tough technical terrain. It has no engine braking below 8mph, so there is no way I would want to do a nasty technical descent on this thing.

But, if you like to cruise around on easy trails in comfort, it might do the job.....

Old 05-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

I have one and like it. It will pull your mower around without a problem. My brother uses his all the time to pull a trailer full of wood and has never had a problem.

As far as ride, its really nice. I am not an aging baby boomer, but do appreciate a good smooth ride at reasonable speeds.

There is plenty of power on this thing to do whatever you want it to do. It will hit 60+mph without a problem. It will also pull the front tires off the ground if you want it too, no problem.

The auto tranny is nice and been very reliable for many years. It is an auto type tranny so engine braking is similar to your automobile. It has some, but won't hold a slow speed for very long. Like a car/truck you have brakes for a reason, and the brakes work real well on the rincon.

I can't compare it to your previous quad, but it will hold it's own in any company. I ride with an 800 Polaris and don't feel at all that mine is slower/underpowered. What ever speed I may not have is neglected at the first corner or technical part of the ride.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:17 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

You will not only lose HP buy going over to the Rincon vs a KQ but you will have no true AWD diff lock feature and no low range. You will be down grading for sure.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't say down grading. I would say you are getting reliability vs. some options on other quads. No one can argue that you will have less down time on a honda vs. other brands.

The original post mentioned nothing about any riding that would require a front locker. It would be an option that you pay for and don't use.

ATV's are about picking ones that suit your riding style. There are many ATV's out there that will do better in mud, but he said trail riding. It's hard to beat the Rincon in that category.