Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

What brand ATV should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mudslinginfool
here ya go. this is the best deals in the area and they have ALOT of out of town business. Salesman said they sell about 15-20 atvs a day during the week and 50-60 on the weekends to 90% of out of towners.
Current New Inventory | Abernathy's Cycle

Wow, they have a 2012 850 non EPS for $7900. Thanks man.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:24 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Donovan514
What am I losing by going with the 800 instead of the 850? ...assuming I can't get an 850.
oh man- that's a long post- the two machines are totally different in just about every way- the engine, clutch, suspension, chassis & ergo's are totally different. It's like comparing a 73 corvette to a 2012 vette- if you know what I mean- too much typing at this tme of the night - kids in bed, now it's my bed time If you can swing the extra $$- go with the xp850!

Old 12-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by beergut
oh man- that's a long post- the two machines are totally different in just about every way- the engine, clutch, suspension, chassis & ergo's are totally different. It's like comparing a 73 corvette to a 2012 vette- if you know what I mean- too much typing at this tme of the night - kids in bed, now it's my bed time If you can swing the extra $$- go with the xp850!
Cool. Have a good one..

Old 12-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

Originally Posted by Donovan514
Wow, they have a 2012 850 non EPS for $7900. Thanks man.
your welcome. if you cant go and get it there in TN. then maybe your dealer at home will deal with you after seeing these prices. never know. I just bought a 2011 rzr and this place in TN had an LE with EPS new for $11,400. They wanted $12,600 in my area,so i told my dealer about this price and he gave it to me for $11,800. Which to me was better than driving 8 hrs to go get it.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by mudslinginfool
your welcome. if you cant go and get it there in TN. then maybe your dealer at home will deal with you after seeing these prices. never know. I just bought a 2011 rzr and this place in TN had an LE with EPS new for $11,400. They wanted $12,600 in my area,so i told my dealer about this price and he gave it to me for $11,800. Which to me was better than driving 8 hrs to go get it.
That's exactly what I was thinking...

Old 12-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer

Those Rangers look like a blast!! ...BTW

Old 12-07-2011, 08:46 PM
17A
Trailblazer

You would really like one of the 2012 Brutes. They really did quite a few upgrades and fixed all the known problem area from pre - 2012 Brute Models. I just bought mine about 6 weeks ago after three Outlander's. The Outlander is a great machine but I like my new Brute better. Don't go by what the numbers say either. The ground clearance says the Brute has 9.4 Inches and the Outlander has 12 Inches but the Brute does not squat near as much as an Outlander when you sit on it. I have not bottomed out yet with my new Brute and this is on the same trails that I have over 12,000km's on on my Outlanders. I know individual rocks I would hit every time with the Outty and the Brute does not even brush against them. Even with 26" Zillas on my Brute compared to the 27" Zillas I had on my most recent Outlander. Same for the HP thing. I had three 650 Outlanders rated around 60 Hp. The Brute is about 50 HP. I have not raced myself obviously but I am sure the Brute would smoke the Outlander off the line up to the 40 MPH mark. There are not flat spots in acceleration throughout the power band. Fairly sure it would do very well if not beat an 800 off the line also. The machine feels like you are in low range all the time but you have high range speeds. I find myself not switching to Low nearly as often as with the Outty's. The Brute feels quite a bit lighter and handles better in tight woods than my Outty's did. If you want an awesome dependable machine and great value try a 2012 Brute. You won't be disappointed.

Name:  PA220003.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  197.7 KB

Old 12-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by 17A
You would really like one of the 2012 Brutes. They really did quite a few upgrades and fixed all the known problem area from pre - 2012 Brute Models. I just bought mine about 6 weeks ago after three Outlander's. The Outlander is a great machine but I like my new Brute better. Don't go by what the numbers say either. The ground clearance says the Brute has 9.4 Inches and the Outlander has 12 Inches but the Brute does not squat near as much as an Outlander when you sit on it. I have not bottomed out yet with my new Brute and this is on the same trails that I have over 12,000km's on on my Outlanders. I know individual rocks I would hit every time with the Outty and the Brute does not even brush against them. Even with 26" Zillas on my Brute compared to the 27" Zillas I had on my most recent Outlander. Same for the HP thing. I had three 650 Outlanders rated around 60 Hp. The Brute is about 50 HP. I have not raced myself obviously but I am sure the Brute would smoke the Outlander off the line up to the 40 MPH mark. There are not flat spots in acceleration throughout the power band. Fairly sure it would do very well if not beat an 800 off the line also. The machine feels like you are in low range all the time but you have high range speeds. I find myself not switching to Low nearly as often as with the Outty's. The Brute feels quite a bit lighter and handles better in tight woods than my Outty's did. If you want an awesome dependable machine and great value try a 2012 Brute. You won't be disappointed.

Hmm, good to know. I am still considering the Brute as well. Thanks for the help. That is a great looking quad man. They are huge!

Old 12-07-2011, 09:09 PM
17A
Trailblazer

What ever the machine you decide on will be the right one. They are all pretty dam good these days. Here is what my Brute sounds like in the woods. Have fun.

Hunt Road
2012 750 Brute Force Pre Ride Solo Rip on Hunt Road - YouTube

Bear Paw Trail - Tight Woods
2012 750 Brute Force Dave hits a Tree on the Bear Paw Trail - YouTube

Old 12-07-2011, 09:16 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!

Have you went and actually ridden any of the quads that you are thinking about? I havent heard you say that you have...if you are going to spend 9 thousand dollars you should probably at least take it for a spin before you write the check! A bit of seat time will give you an idea of what you like/dislike about each!

Quick Reply: What brand ATV should I buy?