Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Looking for some recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some recomendations

I am in the process of looking for a atv. It will primarily be used or hunting with trail riding being secondary. The guys I hunt with all have Polaris...my issue is this...the nearest Polaris dealer from me is about 2 hrs round trip. I have the following brands available to me about 30-40 min round trip...Can Am, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha. I am looking for a 650-750cc machine...the area I hunt is very hilly with some VERY steep climbs so IRS and a fully locked 4wd system is a must. I am looking for some help on the 4wd system differences between the visco-lock on the Can Am and the lockable systems on the Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha. Unless Honda comes out with a lockable system for 2014 they are out. The models I am looking at are the following
Can Am Outlander 650 XT
Kawasaki Brute Force 750i EPS
Suzuki King Quad 750 AXI EPS
Yamaha Grizzley 700 EPS

Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There all going to do the same thing, they all have the only thing that matter to me. Low range,IRS, a true 4wd system and low range.

The only thing different is the Kawasaki and Can,Am are twin cylinders and the Yamaha and Suzuki are single cylinders.

High speed open road riding a twin is smoother, but you would not notice a difference on trail rides.

Singles weigh less have only one of everything like pistons,rods,spark plug,throttle bodyor Carbs and ignition coil.

large thumpers usually have more low rpm grunt then a twin of the same displacement.

If I was chosing, I would go by "best price" and the one with the "largest gas tank" for more ride range so I do not have to haul extra gas along.