Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Creative Financing advice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2000, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Motorhead,in your particular situation right now,you are going to be much better off by waiting for this quad.Even with the summer job,the banks are not likly to loan you the $$.

You have to be steady on a job in MOST areas about six months before they will even concider a younger person for credit.It shows the loaning institution your stability at your current job.

Best of luck my friend====BILL

Old 04-12-2000, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey cowboy! Pretty cool to see someone from the local area on here. Actually I go to UofI, I drive there from lewiston every day (ugh).

Well, good news, I went to a local credit union as recommended by a friend, and basically told me to get some papers and get my 'bro to cosign with me, and they'd cut me a check! Got all the paperwork together, gonna head down there first thing in the morning and hopefully if everything goes right I'll have a 2000 400EX by noon! Damn, hope things go right tomorrow, I'd hate to hit yet another dead end. OOoohhh, soooo excited, drooling just thinking about it, hehe.

Old 04-13-2000, 04:33 AM
Pro Rider

Motorhead:
Glad to hear you may have some help with your situation! I'll be hoping everything goes well for you by noon tomorrow, so you'll have your 400EX! Man, I can't believe you run back and forth every day from Lewiston to U of I. That's quite a bit of driving! Let me know if you are able to get it, maybe we can plan a ride somewhere sometime. I haven't been riding down your way, but was just down in the Blue Mts. on sunday. Still some snow up high, but there was a lot of good riding up in the high country. Sorry if this doesn't sound right. Had a pretty bad day, as the surgery didn't go well, and the lab practical was pretty terrible too. A buddy and I got a few gals to head down to the bars with us, so we could "relax" a bit, now it's bed time, got class in the morning. Let me know if everything works out, maybe we can go riding sometime.

Mike

Old 04-14-2000, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

WOOHOO!!! I'm now the proud owner of a 2000 400EX!!! Credit union gave me the check, I took 'er over to the cycle shop, picked up the quad, a helmet, and an instructional video (Quatros Locos . Rode the thing for about three hours after I got it home, just putting around 1/4 throttle breaking in the engine, giving the throttle an occasional little jab. It was pouring rain half the time, but I didn't care, DAMN that thing is fun to ride!! Anyways, thought I'd just follow up and let you guys know what happened, I'd hate to leave ya hangin

Old 04-14-2000, 03:47 PM
Range Rover

It is a great feeling...when I rode my 00' BB 4x4 for the first time, it took me back in time and reminded me of when I got my driver license on Friday and the family car that same night
to go crusin' with my buds.

Dang, I still excited every time I fire up the Big Bear!

Old 04-14-2000, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Get a small credit card and use it a lot/pay it off fast...the best way to get a good credit history...just a small tip.

Don't pay it late or your credit will suffer for years!

Old 04-14-2000, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Motothead,CONGRADULATIONS.Im extremely happy that everything worked out for you.Please dont forget to insure that bad boy either.

Happy Trailing,
BILL

Old 04-17-2000, 04:01 AM
Pro Rider

Motorhead:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Glad to hear you got your bike! Bill is right, about the insurance stuff. I would also recommend that you get it insured as soon as possible. I've got both my 'Cat's insured through State Farm, and they cost $340 for the both of them per year, full coverage. Covers everything including breakage, faulty equipment, wrecks, even theft! I've only had the AC's for a little over a month now, and still get all hyped up about going out riding. I think that's like the "hunting bug". Get all excited as fall nears, hunting season roles around, only better. We don't have to wait for "riding season", it's riding time, all the time!

Hope you enjoy the new bike!!!

Mike